Practice post continued....

Plantie

Medal Winner
Visit site
As i had already written the rest of my post I have re posted it!! lol

murph - interesting...

for me when I practice my short game i go to the middle of the green and throw the balls outward in all directions. From there I make myself use a different club on each ball.
I still visualise the shot, where I want it to land, how will it come out of the lie given then club i am using, and what technique to use given the club, lie and aim of what I am doing...

No two shots are the same and I find it helps with feel.

As for putting I go back to my days of junior golf when I had many putting tourneys over hours and hours...!!!

Basically create a course from one hole to another and go round. 1 putt is a birdie, 2 a par and so on... after two or 3 rounds you should have the feel and line; And prior to that you will have tested yourself on short putts too.. It is obviously better with a few people and some cash on it :) makes it interesting and adds some value to each putt just like on the course!

I see some people you using 3-5 balls on the same 5 footers and to be honest cant see the point... Too much tinkering with your stroke will cause you nothing but trouble... The push or pull on a putt comes from pressure you wont get that by continually hitting the same putt into the same hole.

Well hope you're all still awake! :)

P.

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
On the lines of practice I prefer a field range rather than a bay range: -

1 - you are always on grass so better for your game

2 - You have to commit & think about each shot as its you picking up all the balls

Whereas I find bay ranges good for your swing but actual on course benefit not so much as a field range.