Powakaddy or Motocaddy

GolfScot

Club Champion
Visit site
All

I'm looking to take the plunge and get an electric trolley in the next month or so. I see Powakaddy are currently offering a free bag with every electric trolley but I've seen their gear get very mixed reviews.

I'm not looking to spend more than £500 so my question is, do i get something like the Powakaddy Touch at 399 and get the free bag or go for something like the MotoCaddy S1 digital and buy a bag for £99.

Be grateful for any experience or feedback you have with both brands.

thanks

T

thecraw

I picked up one of these and to be honest its ideal. I wasn't in the market for a new electric trolley, I was going to buy a three wheeler push trolley like the Sun Mountain however I got a great bargain on the Powerbug. Well worth checking out in my opinion.

http://www.powerbug.co.uk/

oakey22

Head Pro
Visit site
All

I'm looking to take the plunge and get an electric trolley in the next month or so. I see Powakaddy are currently offering a free bag with every electric trolley but I've seen their gear get very mixed reviews.

I'm not looking to spend more than £500 so my question is, do i get something like the Powakaddy Touch at 399 and get the free bag or go for something like the MotoCaddy S1 digital and buy a bag for £99.

Be grateful for any experience or feedback you have with both brands.

thanks

motocaddy are giving a free bag away with motocaddy trolleys from the 15th November till new year. :)

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
For £399, you can get the S3 digital.

My Powakaddy died after a long drawn out ilness and the pro shop advised me to get a Motokaddy this time, so I did and happy so far.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
the powerbug is a motocaddy clone - almost all the electronics and drive train are common. I've got one but only because I got it cheap, it's pretty chunky.

if I was getting an electric trolley now I'd be more inclined toward motocaddy (or gokart :D ) - haven't had any good experiences of powacaddies.

if I was just getting a trolley I think I'd go for microcart

rickg

Money List Winner
Visit site
Neither. You want this one.

Now that's a trolley! :cool:
Naahhh!! this is a trolley!! :cool:

golfsegway.jpg

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
I bet poor Homer is sitting reading this and his head is just about to blow off !!!!! ;) ;) ;) ;)

Good post. I will sell you my bed wetters trolley PK Freeway II done 18 miles (bought in August) and the PK Deluxe III white/ruby bag ....

GolfScot

Club Champion
Visit site
Cheers All.

Motocaddy now offering a free bad with any S3 digital bought from Monday.

So I think I need to decide whether it's powakaddy touch or FW2 or the motocaddy.

Robobum

Money List Winner
Visit site
Cheers All.

Motocaddy now offering a free bad with any S3 digital bought from Monday.

So I think I need to decide whether it's powakaddy touch or FW2 or the motocaddy.

Hold your cash and wait for the new ppowakaddy that is coming soon........tested by the forum @ Beau Desert, it's significantly better than the FWII.

shagster

Head Pro
Visit site
i have an s3, but the new s3 digital is far better, and just one button/knob to use and if you can afford it get the lithium battery, a lot lighter.
you wont be disapointed
shagster :D

oakey22

Head Pro
Visit site
If you have a Costco nearby, then they have a Powerbug Sport 36 hole trolley for around £230-£240. :)

Personally i will be getting the S3 by Motocaddy in the next month so i get my free bag, i want it mainly for the USB connector so i can connect my iphone and use that as my GPS without keep getting it out of my pocket for distances and putting my scores in.

SharkAttack

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Honestly, if you are choosing between Moto & Powa then it is quite simple.

Eeny Meeny Miney Mo! You Are It!!!!!!!!!

They both do as they say on the tin, if either one has a feature that you must have and the other doesn't then but it. If they don't then use the paragraph above to decide.

Shark

T

thecraw

I know of two people who have had more repairs and new parts fitted to their Powakaddy that its newer than the newest ones off the shelf!

In fact one of them has had to take the trolley back again for the 417th time and is now talking about rejecting another repair!

Still its funny looking in from the outside.

He lurks on here and I'm certain he'll bite..................