Posted score card but not signed.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
When you say posted, do you mean keyed into a screen/App, or posted in the box.

As you said it was an away course, was it an Open? I'd expect you'd be dq from the comp, but if the score was keyed into an app, will the score stand for handicap?

On Wales Golf, you can key a score, but not handicap the physical card in. (For general play cards) Not sure if that's right or not!!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 29109

That was the rule at my old club. The card box was locked. Once your card was in there, that was it.

Old Colner

Club Champion
Visit site
Yeah, I always thought that is one of the reasons why the box is locked, if you physically hand it over to an official you are not allowed it back is my take on it.

A pal of mine once handed in a team card and the recorder said 'Oh look you have not signed it' he wanted it back, they would not give it and what would have been a winning score was dq'd.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
If an official is involved in officially as the 'receiver' they should check the card with the player and advise re any deficiencies. Otherwise, what's the point?

Old Colner

Club Champion
Visit site
If an official is involved in officially as the 'receiver' they should check the card with the player and advise re any deficiencies. Otherwise, what's the point?

Well, that is what happened, maybe their job was to just receive the cards not to check them, surely that is down to the players.

IanMcC

Visit site
On a few instances I have been asked to open our box to retrieve potentially unsigned cards. I have always obliged, even though our Players Charter states that the card is returned once it is posted into the box. Why wouldn't you? Its supposed to be what we do for fun, this game!!

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well, that is what happened, maybe their job was to just receive the cards not to check them, surely that is down to the players.
Ultimately it is. But why have an official there if they aren't doing anything really useful. A box could do the collection job equally well. Part of a referee's function is to try to ensure that players don't unwittingly breach a rule. Why shouldn't this apply to anyone representing the committee?

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
When you say posted, do you mean keyed into a screen/App, or posted in the box.

As you said it was an away course, was it an Open? I'd expect you'd be dq from the comp, but if the score was keyed into an app, will the score stand for handicap?

On Wales Golf, you can key a score, but not handicap the physical card in. (For general play cards) Not sure if that's right or not!!

An open, put on their computer then physical card posted, had my cut and collected two’s prize so all is fine. Nett 72 wouldn’t be a winning score so I’m not aggrieved just to be fair perplexed!

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
When I have acted as the 'Card receiver' in opens and similar I have acted as Rule fan suggests often reminding players to check it is signed but once the person walks away I consider it to have been handed in and would not return it for correction afterwards.