POSITIVITY THREAD ??

• Thread starter Deleted member 1147
  • Start date

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Blue sky overhead and beneath my feet the grass is growing quickly. The days are getting longer and the sun is shining. And when I put life's worries aside into the box marked 'not for this moment' - I know I have much in life to be grateful for - starting with my health and my family.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
R is starting to wend it's merry way down

And not meaning to pick over old wounds etc but it is things like this that motivate me to be even more committed to following the rules etc. I can see it is slowly working, so I feel good about myself in that my actions have in a tiny way contributed to that and I want to do more to keep it going in the right direction. This may only be me but in much of my life, even small signs of success encourage me to work harder to achieve bigger successes going forward.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Blue sky overhead and beneath my feet the grass is growing quickly. The days are getting longer and the sun is shining. And when I put life's worries aside into the box marked 'not for this moment' - I know I have much in life to be grateful for - starting with my health and my family.

I noticed that it was only dusk when I left the office last night, definitely getting lighter in the evenings.

D

Deleted member 16999

And not meaning to pick over old wounds etc but it is things like this that motivate me to be even more committed to following the rules etc. I can see it is slowly working, so I feel good about myself in that my actions have in a tiny way contributed to that and I want to do more to keep it going in the right direction. This may only be me but in much of my life, even small signs of success encourage me to work harder to achieve bigger successes going forward.
Great post, we all know too well from other posters how tough it is and the hideous things they are facing and no one denies that reality, but the little positive steps like you say are needed and very welcome by the rest of us and if we do our bit, we are helping those on the front line.

D

Deleted member 1147

It reminds me of something I read when the vaccines were first okay'd.
A shipwreck survivor has lived for weeks floating on a piece of wood, he has rationed water and avoided going into the shark infested waters, thus far.
He then sees land on the horizon. He could dive into the water and swim the final distance.
But isn't going to, because he doesn't want to have gotten this far, only to go and drown, or get eaten by sharks, with land in view.

I'm the same with lockdown.
I'll carry on working from home and going on my lunchtime walk, until the vaccine has done the rounds, and my family & I are all safe.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Tommy Atkins in the trenches kept his head down from the first day he arrived, to the very last.

Tommy knew that no matter how fed up he got moving around all crouched with back hurting and feet soaked - unable to see beyond the sides of the trench and the next zig-zag - as desperate as he was to stand up and look over the parapet to see - that if he did there was a good chance a German sniper would put a bullet through his brain.

Tommy knew that all being well and with a good bit of luck - he would see the end of it and would be able to stand tall on top of a hill, gaze out into the distance over the landscape for as long as he might wish and watch the sun go down. He just had to be patient, stick to the rules - and keep his head down.

And as some like to quote the British war spirit - we can take Tommy as our role model - do as he did - and be grateful for his fortitude, courage and patience - his example. :)

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Just had an hour long walk down the front with the dog. Lovely sunny day, not too busy. Came home to find UPS delivering the trainers we bought in the black friday sale eventually :)

You will miss this when you move.

Positive view, at least you will have moved.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I swear Leslie neilson's doppelganger just got in the swimming pool!!!

It's freaking me out but in a good way, can't wait for him to speak....

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Went for a walk round the course earlier. Lots of great work being done while we are closed. A large number of trees removed - of all sizes from young to very mature. And on a couple of the holes their removal will make a significant difference to some out of position second shots.

Plus throughout a lot of low level scrubby stuff under trees has been grubbed out so that misdirected shots are not punished by being lost or hack out only - but a decent recovery is possible even if green is not achievable. And opportunity taken to rebuild and enlargen one of the fairway bunkers on our 10th which combined with removal of a significant tree changes the thinking from the tee. And the hole also looks the better for it. As in my opinion do all the holes where we have done work. I like that.

Course really looking great and loving the changes.