POSITIVITY THREAD ??

• Thread starter Deleted member 1147
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1147

I’ll start,

I’m having a case of 2009 Pages Viejos, Artadi, Rioja delivered tomorrow, from my wine merchant’s warehouse.

That’s wine sorted for the weekends steaks ? ?
The wine is b...e...a...utiful...a couple of bottles drunk, and both delicious.

I bought it in 2010, stored it until now and, despite going up in value, decided it was one to drink instead of sell...cest magnifique, as I’m sure the French would not say

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
[
The wine is b...e...a...utiful...a couple of bottles drunk, and both delicious.

I bought it in 2010, stored it until now and, despite going up in value, decided it was one to drink instead of sell...cest magnifique, as I’m sure the French would not say

Some wines are to be savoured over a couple of years, some will last for years and years.How did you know yours would last ?

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Ever since I saw a Tour event from Mauritius, it's been the favourite place for me to go , one day, on a golfing holiday.
Fingers crossed , and dreaming on....?

Done it with the help of Slab, and trust me it did not disappoint one bit. Anahita twice and Il aux cerf, simply simply stunning.

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
It reminds me of something I read when the vaccines were first okay'd.
A shipwreck survivor has lived for weeks floating on a piece of wood, he has rationed water and avoided going into the shark infested waters, thus far.
He then sees land on the horizon. He could dive into the water and swim the final distance.
But isn't going to, because he doesn't want to have gotten this far, only to go and drown, or get eaten by sharks, with land in view.

I'm the same with lockdown.
I'll carry on working from home and going on my lunchtime walk, until the vaccine has done the rounds, and my family & I are all safe.

Excellent analogy.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I mentioned in earlier post how we’ve taken a lot of trees out while Closed. Two especially were ‘significant’ trees and their removal would have been very noticeable and for some members contentious. However by taking them out now and with maybe many weeks before we are playing again i am thinking the impact of their removal will be less felt as we haven’t been playing. One very prominent tree removal will be very noticed but I think the vast majority of members will like how the hole looks and plays now - with it gone.

So the upside positivity is that tree removal during this extended closure will be less contentious, with more immediate appreciation of the benefits in look and playing the changes have brought and will bring about. ??

Last edited: