POSITIVITY THREAD ??

• Thread starter Deleted member 1147
  • Start date

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
After 3 months of slacking off any hard exercise due mental health issues I am back going out for walks and jogs with a view to lose weight/get fitter.

I seem to bounce through the same cycle every year, it starts around November and I usually pick up speed in January but somehow through the year life gets in the way and by October I am back to where I started. I usually fail around March time and just get worse from there with the odd uptick in the summer.

This year I want to be different, which I say every year but this time I am much more aware of my mental health stuff, which again I seem to be every year...

I have some new mechanism and techniques plus working from home has a helping hand in finding time to exercise.

I don’t use any programmes like couch to 5k as I have my own techniques. I am currently running at two paces, my long jog and short jog paces and swapping between them as time allows.

First target is 5k in under 30 mins so I’m working towards that, doing about 2k mostly as the pace I need and working to lengthen it out until it’s 5k.

So far the pace looks positive!

Last edited:

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
After 3 months of slacking off any hard exercise due mental health issues I am back going out for walks and jogs with a view to lose weight/get fitter.

I seem to bounce through the same cycle every year, it starts around November and I usually pick up speed in January but somehow through the year life gets in the way and by October I am back to where I started. I usually fail around March time and just get worse from there with the odd uptick in the summer.

This year I want to be different, which I say every year but this time I am much more aware of my mental health stuff, which again I seem to be every year...

I have some new mechanism and techniques plus working from home has a helping hand in finding time to exercise.

I don’t use any programmes like couch to 5k as I have my own techniques. I am currently running at two paces, my long jog and short jog paces and swapping between them as time allows.

First target is 5k in under 20 mins so I’m working towards that, doing about 2k mostly as the pace I need and working to lengthen it out until it’s 5k.

So far the pace looks positive!
Good luck. ?????

NearHull

Visit site
Just entered this Daily Telegraph competitions. I am positive I will win?
Escape to one of Scotland’s most luxurious hotels with a stay at the Old Course Hotel, Golf Resort & Spa in St Andrews, including three rounds of golf. During your stay, you can play a round on the iconic Old Course itself, plus the Castle Course and the Duke’s championship heathland course. Staying in a sought-after Old Course View room, you and your guest will also have spectacular views across the world’s oldest golf course and West Sands Beach.

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I’ve managed to spend almost the whole weekend outdoors, all well within the rules, and I’m feel incredibly mentally refreshed again.

No golf, frost is playing havoc, but I combined two local walks yesterday and today by camping in the garden overnight. ?

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just entered this Daily Telegraph competitions. I am positive I will win?
Escape to one of Scotland’s most luxurious hotels with a stay at the Old Course Hotel, Golf Resort & Spa in St Andrews, including three rounds of golf. During your stay, you can play a round on the iconic Old Course itself, plus the Castle Course and the Duke’s championship heathland course. Staying in a sought-after Old Course View room, you and your guest will also have spectacular views across the world’s oldest golf course and West Sands Beach.

Shame that the Old Course is a goat track.

But as this is the positivity thread The Castle and Duke's courses are quality.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm a Newcastle supporter.

I'm not sure how I can contribute to this thread.

(other than perhaps providing you lot the opportunity for a laugh at my expense)

Please advise.
On the positive, I suppose, for next year, you must at least be fairly confident that you'll be safe from being 'stuffed again' by Sunderland in the Championship. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: