POSITIVITY THREAD ??

• Thread starter Deleted member 1147
  • Start date

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
One of our lads had his 1st vaccine shot today (NHS related).
Mum had the call today, booked in for Sunday (been shielding for 10 months).
Oh, and I had a flu vaccine today.
All go!

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I’ll start,

I’m having a case of 2009 Pages Viejos, Artadi, Rioja delivered tomorrow, from my wine merchant’s warehouse.

That’s wine sorted for the weekends steaks ? ?

decorating the kitchen at the moment. Emptied the wine fridge to pull it out and paint behind. I counted 39 bottles. The oldest being two bottles from 62. Cheered me up no end.

D

Deleted member 1147

decorating the kitchen at the moment. Emptied the wine fridge to pull it out and paint behind. I counted 39 bottles. The oldest being two bottles from 62. Cheered me up no end.
‘62?

Wow, which wines?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Started another jigsaw this morning - 1000 piecer - photograph of Uluru. Splendid choice Christmas present from my daughter - what a thoughtful lass to remind us of our trip down under when winter skies are dark and glowering, and life is a bit difficult and depressing.

I've always enjoyed jigsaws and I still have some I got given as a lad more than 50yrs ago - and jigsaws have come into their own for me for a bit of mindfulness.

When my mind is full of stuff I wish to put aside for a while, I very easily lose myself in a puzzle for 15-30mins without realising the time has gone. I can thoroughly recommend jigsaws for clearing away thoughts of problems to enable me to see a situation with more the positivity and see what previously I might not have been able to see. :)

Last edited:

Tashyboy

Visit site
‘62?

Wow, which wines?

Story behind it, I was in Sorrento a few years back with Missis T and Alfredo and Lisa. Alfredo is me pal who has Covid. Anyway we were in loads of shops looking for a bottle of wine from 1963 my birth year. The prices were astronomical. Lisa said “ Alfredo has just helped to clear a house out and has dozens and dozens of vintage wine bottles he rescued. He will have a 1963, you can have one of them”. A couple of months later she came to England and apologised saying “ Alfredo is sorry he only had 1962,s” Missis Ts year. Missis T was chuffed to bits.
The 1997 I bought at a car boot a couple of years ago near Dudley for £5. He had three bottle of white for the same price but I wasn’t bothered. Tried numerous times since to kick myself in head.
The 1962’s I won’t drink, the 1997 maybe one day.

Attachments

• A9D36FED-1E49-4695-9B91-BC37154F429D.jpeg
    A9D36FED-1E49-4695-9B91-BC37154F429D.jpeg
    117.4 KB · Views: 14
  • 905846E3-77A2-4D82-8F93-F43ED8CD1F3F.jpeg
    905846E3-77A2-4D82-8F93-F43ED8CD1F3F.jpeg
    107.8 KB · Views: 13

Tashyboy

Visit site
decent wine or vinegar, flip that coin

Odd thing is and being serious for a moment.How would you know before opening it. ?

When I worked in the medical centre it was the hub of wheeling and dealing. A lad came in one day and said X person is picking these up at the end of the shift. A case of 6 white wine for £10, Tash had a couple of cases.They have been in the garage for 10 years. The stuff in the bottom looked urgggh. I thought these are for cooking with. Tried one last year. Sweet mother it’s gorgeous.

D

Deleted member 1147

Story behind it, I was in Sorrento a few years back with Missis T and Alfredo and Lisa. Alfredo is me pal who has Covid. Anyway we were in loads of shops looking for a bottle of wine from 1963 my birth year. The prices were astronomical. Lisa said “ Alfredo has just helped to clear a house out and has dozens and dozens of vintage wine bottles he rescued. He will have a 1963, you can have one of them”. A couple of months later she came to England and apologised saying “ Alfredo is sorry he only had 1962,s” Missis Ts year. Missis T was chuffed to bits.
The 1997 I bought at a car boot a couple of years ago near Dudley for £5. He had three bottle of white for the same price but I wasn’t bothered. Tried numerous times since to kick myself in head.
The 1962’s I won’t drink, the 1997 maybe one day.
I can’t advise on the 62s but the 97 should be in the prime of its life