Poor technique or worng equipmnt.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Well here's the issue, I've found my current clubs with s300 shafts and project x 6.0 shafts

Around 100 miles difference in location, true temper site suggests s300, project x site suggests 6.0. Effectively ive found both my suggested shafts in a head that I know and like

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
save your money, see a pro.

Changing clubs and shaft may not be the answer if its your swing.

Like you said in an earier post £25 is better the £400, no?

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
PX5.5 are a tad stiffer than S300, and slightly lighter. I'd guess PX6.0 would be closer to X100?

I had PX6.0 in my previous clubs and they just felt a bit too stiff for me so I had them soft-stepped. If I had to buy PX again I'd go for 5.5. I now use S300.

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just completed an online fit with true temper - s300 were suggested :(

This could be expensive , razr forged .....

I'd be a bit wary of the True Temper Shaft fit. Ive just filled it in as accurately as I possibly could and it's recommended Rifle 7.0 shafts. I couldn't use those in a Million years....

Now it's got me thinking. I wonder if my pro has any Rifle 7.0 shafts in stock. I have a Cobra S3 Pro 6 iron thats begging to be re-shafted and tested.....Bloody hell, it'll be like swinging a scaffolding pole..

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
What clubs do you have at the moment?

I know it's a way off yet, but if you want to have a hit with an AP2 with a soft stepped 6.0 in I can bring one with me to Woburn (if you're going).

Scottjd1

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Well here's the issue, I've found my current clubs with s300 shafts and project x 6.0 shafts

Around 100 miles difference in location, true temper site suggests s300, project x site suggests 6.0. Effectively ive found both my suggested shafts in a head that I know and like

Sounds like you have made up your mind up mate BUY BUY BUY :rofl:

Seriously, why dont you book a fitting at Mizzy @ Burhill, free, get on the swing DNA and hit the MP53 / 59 / 63 / 69. Then you will come away with 1 or 2 (max) shafts. If you dont like the Mizzy heads then at least you know what shaft will work and you can go from there. Next appointment slot is the 14th - trust me even if you dont buy you wont regret it.....

http://golf.mizunoeurope.com/store/book-fitting-centre.php

Or if you dont mind the fee then Kingswood aint too far.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
i was wondering if my pro would give me my last few lessons on USB so i can upload.

Patrick could be onto somthing, as im coming from a very flat swing plane to a neutral swing plane, so there is a chance i could be getting too steep and crunching down to much. I did also wonder if i was gtting handsy....

Are you thinking about asking a professional teacher to video your next lesson so that you can upload it here and have a bunch of hackers comment on it?

Haven't you got this the wrong way round?

That said, Burners are designed to get the ball in the air. And, for me going after it tends to result in more of a shoulder heave and a higher ball flight.

And Murph. My understand of lag is that it's the measure of how far the clubhead is behind the arms/hands. So more lag and late hands would seem to increase the amount of 'flipping' not decrease it. Having the arms and hands ahead of the ball at impact is simply de-lofting - which will give a lower flight but has other consequences too (some bad, some good).

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
No, flipping the hands has them next to the back leg at impact, and flipping the hands forward to correct it. Adding loft, etc. hands will bail you out, however bad your swing, they just do. You can't help it.