Poor technique or worng equipmnt.

Christov

Visit site
Oops. Meant to say 'can be' rather than 'is' a good thing. Got to be done well though (which I did say). And I stated 'wrist action' not 'flipping'. It should be obvious through simple mechanics that if the wrist moves the hand/club in the direction of the target then the swing speed at the club-head will be greater than if it doesn't.

To (mis)quote Homer, I don't give a XXXX what you call it, there is wrist action through the hitting area in these videos
Tiger Woods (

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHcP6X7dEUo
) and Luke Donald (

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQaLIyvxZ64). The (left) wrist might be flat (at impact), but that is their skill, In fact, without the wrist action, the club wouldn't even hit the ball! Do agree that the Donald 'example' is not a great one as a bunker shot is 'different'.

I agree there is a wrist action, but not in the same way as described and demonstrated as a 'flip'. Also watch more of the Luke donald clip, there are more shots than just a bunker shot!

EIW1219

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I don't know anyone with burners in stiff, I have contemplated buying a demo club in stiff to play with back to back against my 6i.

I have! :) and they are very nice.
With regard to high ball flight and opposed to the 2nd comment on this thread. I would in fact think you need to hit down on the ball more rather than possibly scooping it on the upswing?
I found when I started to hit down on the ball (pro like) I really fizzed some lower shots nicely.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Take a look at this picture of Tiger. Where does he 'Flip his wrists' No good golfer flips their wrists. When the left wrists breaks down then you shorten the swing arc and leak power, a flat left wrist makes the swing arc the length of your club and left arm (Twice as much)