Poor Service & Attitude SUB70GOLF

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Won a 7w on the bay on Sunday night after 7pm, paid for it on Monday through Paypal with my card.

Chased today as I was hoping to use it over the weekend and didn't want to stay in unnecessarily so I asked them for a tracking number and..... found the item is still in their area at their collecting depot!

I asked them why it was only collected on Wednesday and they have said;

"If the checkout had of been completed on the Sunday (I won the item after 7pm) then we would have phoned the couriers first thing Monday morning ready for collection Tuesday. So we phoned them Tuesday morning meaning collection was not made until Wednesday. The estimated delivery date is today which would have been made if the payment was made on Sunday."

What a load of tosh, they only phone their carrier once a day even though they had my payment Monday and the carrier comes the following day! Are they saying they had no collection on Monday or Tuesday for anything else they sold and were sending out so my club could have been added to that collection!

I'll be lucky to get the club Monday/Tuesday next week now over 1 week after I completed payment!

Do these companies expect repeat business with this kind of service?

I won't be using SUB70GOLF in Clitheroe again for that's sure.

Last edited:

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
They sound OK to me... at least they replied which is a better service than most.

You paid Monday morning, doesn't seem unreasonable that they then process that info by Monday night and forward your details to a courier by some time Tuesday.

Last edited:

Fish

Banned
Visit site
They sound OK to me... at least they replied which is a better service than most.

You paid Monday morning, doesn't seem unreasonable that they then process that info by Monday night and forward your details to a courier by some time Tuesday.

I disagree, it was advertised to be sent via Roy Mail 1st class and has been given to Hermes on Wednesday and was still in their depot on Thursday! They delay their own despatch and then use a slower carrier and service!

Bad feedback in order I presume?

They'll get what they deserve

If it was collected on Wednesday by a courier then it should be delivered today at the latest should it not? Cannot really see much wrong here TBH

Nope, still sitting somewhere up north as they've used a different carrier and service as advertised and delayed their own despatch by 24/48hrs!!

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Doesn't sound all that much wrong with that service to be honest. Could be faster sure, but it's not that slow.

So win in an auction on Sunday, pay for it on Monday, have it despatched on Wednesday on a different carrier and service as advertised and receive possibly Monday or Tuesday the following week, if that's good then I'm a monkeys @rse!

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
I disagree, it was advertised to be sent via Roy Mail 1st class and has been given to Hermes on Wednesday and was still in their depot on Thursday! They delay their own despatch and then use a slower carrier and service!

I'd have thought that they'd collect it from source on Wednesday and put it in their depot and some time on Thursday it would/should be dispatched for delivery today (Friday)

If it's still in their depot NOW then I agree that isn't good :thup:

In_The_Rough

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hermes still should have delivered it today if they collected it Wednesday however if they advertised it via royal mail then that is the sellers fault I agree, however Royal Mail have been swapping a changing the weight and size limits around for their parcels again so may not be as cut and dried as you think. How much did you pay for the postage if you do not mind me asking?

Stuey01

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So win in an auction on Sunday, pay for it on Monday, have it despatched on Wednesday on a different carrier and service as advertised and receive possibly Monday or Tuesday the following week, if that's good then I'm a monkeys @rse!

Different carrier and service than advertised is new information, not in the original post. We can't read your mind.
Thats a bit off tbh. Out of interest how much did they charge you for p&p?

Still, not withstanding the new information provided, paid Monday, processed Tuesday, picked up Wednesday is not that bad. Could be faster, yes, as I said in my post, but it's not that slow.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Hermes still should have delivered it today if they collected it Wednesday however if they advertised it via royal mail then that is the sellers fault I agree, however Royal Mail have been swapping a changing the weight and size limits around for their parcels again so may not be as cut and dried as you think. How much did you pay for the postage if you do not mind me asking?

Its a 2nd hand club, the postage is irrelevant as its just absorbed in their margin, not everyone, especially companies charge the actual amounts based on the companies or services they use.

The bottom line is, even though they had my payment they only telephone a carrier once a day, why? The carrier (Hermes) comes the following day, why? They then use a cheap 3-5 day service knowing they have already used up 48hrs due to their own procedures, why?

If they got my payment too late on Monday, which they are now claiming, did they not have any collections on Tuesday it could have gone out with? Could they have not sent it via Royal Mail (Parcelforce) 1st class as advertised on Tuesday?

I think they have missed the meaning of the word Service in the term Customer Service!

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just "neg" em mate and have done with, sounds like they've given you some waffle but as already said, at least you did get a response lol.
Personally I'd also consider reporting them to Ebay as they've obviously not described the shipping method correctly in the listing.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Just been threatened that if I leave negative feedback, they will send details to eBay & Paypal?

To prove what, that they delayed sending something out, didn't use the advertised shipping agent and then used a longer cheaper service which now falls outside of the 4 workings days promise!

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I'm pretty sure you can't use Royal Mail 1st class for items such as golf clubs ?
I've always had to send them by "Standard Parcels".

It becomes Parcelforce standard 48 which if sent out on Wednesday, I'd have it today. They've downgraded the service to save money, simples.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Just been threatened that if I leave negative feedback, they will send details to eBay & Paypal?

To prove what, that they delayed sending something out, didn't use the advertised shipping agent and then used a longer cheaper service which now falls outside of the 4 workings days promise!

get a screen shot of that and mail it to eBay.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
on their listing did it say how long shipping and handling would take? so first club i could think of, an RBZ2 on buy it now. if i buy now, expected delivery by Wed next week..

photo.jpg

What did yours say??