Poor Service & Attitude SUB70GOLF

G

guest100718

What really matters is what the postage terms in the auction were, I have sold many things and despite clearly setting execepted delivery times in the auction, there is always someone whining about it not being quick enough.

TheJezster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Unless you paid specifically for 1-2 day service I really dont think this is an issue. They received your payment on Monday, processed the order the following day and arranged shipment. That really does all sound reasonable. Unless you specifically paid for a quicker delivery, inwhich case you should have received it yesterday.

I wouldnt get so worked up about it mate, just enjoy the club when you get it. :)

Fish

Banned
Visit site
seems typical sort of service for a standard internet trader, there are only a few who turnaround things really quickly

Its not as advertised within 4 working days! They had my money all day Tuesday after paying on Monday, even if it didn't show until late as they now claim, and still did squat, then sent it via a cheaper courier on a longer service Wednesday with no chance of it arriving today!

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Clitheroe is about 15 miles North east of Preston, so quite a long way away to "pay them a visit"

To be honest Unless you have paid extra for express delivery, if it arrives within a week, then thats all you can reasonably expect.
I wouldnt get too worried about it, lifes too short etc

D

Deleted member 18121

When you completed was there any text on when they would expect the dispatch?

When I sell stuff (which is rare) I have an auto message that says I will arrange dispatch in 48 hours.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
If item is received today, then it has been delivered within the 4 working days estimate for RM, even though Hermes was used. If it's not delivered today, then you have a legitimate complaint.

RM prices are ridiculous. It would cost nearly £15 for P&P if done by RM. £6.99 by Hermes is reasonable. But they need to update there standard Delivery Info and method.

This is not something that negative feedback should be left for btw, though the feedback comment could mention the different courier. A reduced 'Dispatch Time' rating should be used.

It certainly doesn't comply with what their Delivery Info states. They've already a Neutral feedback on Dispatch and Comms issues.

'Here at Sub70 Golf we provide a fast efficient delivery service for both UK and International orders. Our distribution team work hard to get 99% of orders dispatched the same day if received before 3.00pm, so that we are confident that you can receive your goods in the quickest possible time.

ALWAYS BUY FROM A PGA PROFESSIONAL !!!'

Perhaps not!

PS. What's with the 7-wood? Feeling really old?

Last edited:

Fish

Banned
Visit site
When you completed was there any text on when they would expect the dispatch?

When I sell stuff (which is rare) I have an auto message that says I will arrange dispatch in 48 hours.

4 working days, I paid Monday, although they are saying it didn't show during the working day, but, even with that, they had the payment first thing Tuesday and as per their own advertising, they get 99% of orders out the same day, well not this time, in fact, with the message I have received from them, they can't any time as they telephone the carrier on day 1 first thing and he comes day 2 but in my case, day 3 and then they sent it on a 3-5 day service which will now be potentially 6-8 days as its still at the National Hub now!

They obviously don't know or haven't bothered to ask how Hermes system works. They can't get them to collect the same day losing 24hrs and then the local driver drops it off the following day at his depot so that's another 24hrs and then its off the hub the next day, another 24hrs. We have now exceed the 4 working days since payment and it isn't even in my area depot yet!

G

guest100718

4 working days, I paid Monday, although they are saying it didn't show during the working day, but, even with that, they had the payment first thing Tuesday and as per their own advertising, they get 99% of orders out the same day, well not this time, in fact, with the message I have received from them, they can't any time as they telephone the carrier on day 1 first thing and he comes day 2 but in my case, day 3 and then they sent it on a 3-5 day service which will now be potentially 6-8 days as its still at the National Hub now!

They obviously don't know or haven't bothered to ask how Hermes system works. They can't get them to collect the same day losing 24hrs and then the local driver drops it off the following day at his depot so that's another 24hrs and then its off the hub the next day, another 24hrs. We have now exceed the 4 working days since payment and it isn't even in my area depot yet!

If you want something fast then pay for fast delivery!

Fish

Banned
Visit site
If you want something fast then pay for fast delivery!

I didn't need to, they advertised a 4 working day delivery so I should have my club today and for the weekend.

They are now saying, contrary to previous written statements that they called the carrier first thing on Tuesday and he didn't turn up the same day and they (Hermes) apologised! I think they can't remember what they have said previously as they have never eluded to this before and as I just put to them, if the carrier failed to turn up, why didn't you get them to upgrade the service so I still received the item in the advertised time scale! Its not rocket science is it?

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Slightly off thread but after numerous e-mails and "Four" times of posting we are still waiting for an item bought from Amazon back on 8/8/13 !!!

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
It's for a fly spray dispenser, we already have the refills and in fairness to them they have offered to refund, typically fly season now just about over so we might just get it by next year :D

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I didn't need to, they advertised a 4 working day delivery so I should have my club today and for the weekend.

They are now saying, contrary to previous written statements that they called the carrier first thing on Tuesday and he didn't turn up the same day and they (Hermes) apologised! I think they can't remember what they have said previously as they have never eluded to this before and as I just put to them, if the carrier failed to turn up, why didn't you get them to upgrade the service so I still received the item in the advertised time scale! Its not rocket science is it?

There's a world of difference between 'advertising a 4 working day delivery' and 'estimating a 4 working day delivery'.

If it's that important to have the club for this weekend, then poor choice of provider imo. I never depend on getting a club in the same week, though it almost always happens.

Does seem more and more like poor service as you (obtain and) disclose more info. Whenever a delay has been down to me, I've refunded at least half of the shipping cost. Doesn't help the receipt time, but just seems the right thing to do.

D

Deleted member 18588

If item is received today, then it has been delivered within the 4 working days estimate for RM, even though Hermes was used. If it's not delivered today, then you have a legitimate complaint.

RM prices are ridiculous. It would cost nearly £15 for P&P if done by RM. £6.99 by Hermes is reasonable. But they need to update there standard Delivery Info and method.

This is not something that negative feedback should be left for btw, though the feedback comment could mention the different courier. A reduced 'Dispatch Time' rating should be used.

It certainly doesn't comply with what their Delivery Info states. They've already a Neutral feedback on Dispatch and Comms issues.

'Here at Sub70 Golf we provide a fast efficient delivery service for both UK and International orders. Our distribution team work hard to get 99% of orders dispatched the same day if received before 3.00pm, so that we are confident that you can receive your goods in the quickest possible time.

ALWAYS BUY FROM A PGA PROFESSIONAL !!!'

Perhaps not!

PS. What's with the 7-wood? Feeling really old?

Don't know where you are getting your prices from.

I regularly use their Special Delivery by 1.00 pm following day service. Single club should cost £8.25.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Don't know where you are getting your prices from.

I regularly use their Special Delivery by 1.00 pm following day service. Single club should cost £8.25.

Tried that recently?

Does it cover Driver (or even 7-wood) length parcels?

As far as I can see, SD 13:00 max is 61cm and costs £11!

PF48 cost 12.75 from memory. They lost me as a customer when they charged that! So maybe things have changed. I know someone else who would be interested though.

And, of course, that doesn't include the cost of the box - which is £1 for my regular posting mate.

DAVEYBOY

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I waited around 2 weeks for an under armour shirt off Amazon recently and that was stated as fast delivery... It's frustrating but not a lot can be done as the excuse list is endless.

D

Deleted member 18588

Tried that recently?

Does it cover Driver (or even 7-wood) length parcels?

As far as I can see, SD 13:00 max is 61cm and costs £11!

PF48 cost 12.75 from memory. They lost me as a customer when they charged that! So maybe things have changed. I know someone else who would be interested though.

And, of course, that doesn't include the cost of the box - which is £1 for my regular posting mate.

Not at my village Post Office. Never had any problems regardless of club size, posted a driver only few weeks ago. Buy my boxes as flats in packs of £20 and would agree that with tape & other packaging materials this adds approx £1.00 to postage.