Poor putting services

Pjwgov

Hacker
Visit site
Are many of your courses still suffering from course condition? The reason I ask is that our greens seem to be recovering slowly with not much new growth.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Nope, I would say ours are as good as they've ever been. They were seeding a bit the first week back but other than that, I would say absolutely top notch. Mind you, the club did concentrate on them during lockdown, feeding, watering, etc.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Out on Tuesday evening, and afterwards mentioned to our Head Greenie that in the low evening sun the surface middle to back of our 8th looked like an Axminster carpet. He did say that the front of it is not quite so perfect, so not all perfect but really pretty darned good. We thought they were all brill. Anyway - he's a bit of a perfectionist.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Ours are coming back nicely. Still a tad slow but still around 9 on the stimp and the ability to quicken them if they decide to. The surfaces are excellent so no excuses for a poor putt. Very happy at their condition

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Our greens have been really good it is just the fairways that are suffering from the long period of drought we had.

Greens sanded last week nicely washed in by the recent rain.

azazel

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Ours have been great since we got back and are getting quicker by the week. With the fairways browning up nicely the course is in tremendous links condition just now.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Our were a bit long first weeks .
But I putted off the green last week because they cut and ironed them .
The difference was amazing ,they are fantastic now.
Be a bit wet now though , hasn’t stopped raining all day here.