Pointless feature (in car or elsewhere)

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My new golf bag has so many pockets that I can't work out what they are all for. What makes that worse is that there is nothing about the umbrella 'pocket' to stop my brolly dropping all the way through and jamming against the ground...if it's a feature it's pointless - if it's designed that way it's rubbish. Otherwise a good bag.
A poor imitation of the Skoda umbrella pocket, with spring loaded access and leather handled self opening umbrella:)
Needless to say when my Barge went the umbrella stayed with me and now resides in the Mazdaratti:)

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
The different modes available for type of driving. My car I can set to Eco, Normal, Sport & Custom. Yes I understand the different modes and what my car can do, but in modern society where we're cutting emissions and fuel now costs as much as buying a new testicle is there any need fir modern cars to be set up to be anything less than 100% economical.

Oh and the automatic breaking that kicks in when your supposedly to close to something that makes the car slam on full breaking for you. Fine in theory for a potential collision absolute garbage when your doing not a lot of speed and it assumes the parked car your nowhere near is a collision hazard

Is it a Seat perchance...?

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
What are Ties about! A thing that hangs down the front of a shirt and has absolutely no useful function. Whoever invented them must have been having a laugh.

Wolf

Visit site
They do, don't they :) Haven't encountered that issue yet, thanks for the heads up. (y)
The driving mode one is simple as you just don't physically change the setting. But if you do put into sports hi performance mode it's like it finds so much more speed ?. The braking one takes a bit of getting used to though.

Wolf

Visit site
I've got the New Arona FR Evo, really like it may have to upgrade to the Tarraco at some point for size but im impressed with the whole SEAT range. What have you got..

Blue in Munich

Visit site
I've just picked up a Leon ST 2.0TSI FR Sport with a DSG box. Really fancied the Leon Cupra R ABT on the forecourt next to it but couldn't bring myself to spend double the money! :eek:

Tried to persuade Mrs BiM to try the Arona, but after a test drive she has just ordered an Ibiza Xcellence Lux with the DSG box.

Like you, I'm impressed with what I've seen so far.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've just picked up a Leon ST 2.0TSI FR Sport with a DSG box. Really fancied the Leon Cupra R ABT on the forecourt next to it but couldn't bring myself to spend double the money! :eek:

Tried to persuade Mrs BiM to try the Arona, but after a test drive she has just ordered an Ibiza Xcellence Lux with the DSG box.

Is the DSG box a wet or dry clutch?
If it's a wet one, check the oil change interval on it. My Transporter is 40k, and isn't something you want to miss as it's a very prescribed procedure.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Love the dsg gearbox driven it in the whole VAG family. Funniest one was being hand the keys to Fabia 1.2 with it after taking the MX5 in for a service. I said to the salesman, this is not comparable and his response was it does 50mpg. Suffice to say he got it back saying 6mpg average .. and that car did try and was hilarious doing flat changes.

Wolf

Visit site

Nice choice of car that. The Cupra is lovely but I also couldn't justify it especially as a family car. I originally wanted the Ateca in the Orange but Mrs Wolf vetoed that ? on colour and that she said was to big.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Nice choice of car that. The Cupra is lovely but I also couldn't justify it especially as a family car. I originally wanted the Ateca in the Orange but Mrs Wolf vetoed that ? on colour and that she said was to big.
Is that not an opportunity to purchase and then ask for forgiveness?
My wife got upset with my company car choice when she saw the options on paper. Changed her tune when it showed up.

Blue in Munich

Visit site
My wife got upset with my company car choice when she saw the options on paper. Changed her tune when it showed up.

In fairness to Mrs BiM, when I was looking the local Skoda dealer tried to tempt me with their Octavia vRS estate demonstrator. I was running between a few dealers and texted her just to keep her updated, said I fancied it but couldn't justify the price. The text back said if you really want it get it.

As tempting as it was, I'm happy with the Leon; it represents the right balance for what I want. Might have looked at it differently if I hadn't picked up a Ducati early last year as well, the vRS on top would have been taking the proverbial. However if a little lottery win comes, I'm having that Cupra. :D

Blue in Munich

Visit site

Sort of lucked into it. I wasn't looking to change cars but was advised to do so as part of a longer term plan. Originally looked at a Skoda Octavia, chance conversation at work brought up the Seat as an alternative, checked the local dealer and there it was. Job done.

That orange is really good, tried to persuade Mrs BiM to have it on the Ibiza. Overruled. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Wolf

Visit site
Probably would have got away with it but as she never driven anything bigger than her A1 she wasn't comfortable going straight to the Ateca plus the wait for new one was longer than the Arona. But I've already persuaded her into the Taracco for end of this year which is even bigger than the Ateca☺️

Wolf

Visit site
Sort of lucked into it. I wasn't looking to change cars but was advised to do so as part of a longer term plan. Originally looked at a Skoda Octavia, chance conversation at work brought up the Seat as an alternative, checked the local dealer and there it was. Job done.

That orange is really good, tried to persuade Mrs BiM to have it on the Ibiza. Overruled. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Similar happened with me was looking at new cars and SEAT wasn't even on the list, just happened to pop into the dealer to get out if some horrendous weather one day and saw their offerings and was hugely impressed even more so after driving it.

That Orange is lovely but like you I'm not allowed it ? but we've already decided the Tarraco in Green is a winner for the around December time this year, so ita a small victory I'll be claiming....

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Always try and get a Seat or Skoda when hiring car in Spain. Unfortunately seem to end up with a Renault Megan which knackers my back.

Daughter’s first car was a Seat Ibiza in bright yellow. Lovely little car, and a lot easier to drive than her current skittish GT86.