Please recommend a insula type top

Evesdad

Tour Winner
Visit site
On the look out for an outer layer top a long the GG insula lines. Looking for something to wear over the top of the base layer and shirt on the chilly days without having to go for the waterproof jacket. Preferably a 1/2 zip rather than full zip. Had a look at a mizuno warmalite but that's about it.

Over to you guys.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I have both the GG and UA ones, the GG one definitely warmer than its UA counterpart, both decent tops though

(If you shop about the GG ones are £50 or £60 and decent value at that)

Evesdad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Love the GG gear but just having a look about to see what else is out there that maybe as good or much cheaper! I have seen some good GG offers though to be honest. I'm also trying to get something a little brighter than my usual black styling!

Evesdad

Tour Winner
Visit site
I don't find that my GG waterproofs are smaller, all my clothes are large or extra large. My GG suit is xl but only as the large jacket I found the sleeves were shorter and in the trousers the legs were shorter. I tried on a GG insula in a large and was a decent fit maybe slightly snug.

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
People gone on about GG being small fitting but I have to say I take the same in there stuff as any other brand. So I suppose for you the answer would be if you go up a size in their jumpers/jackets etc then you will need to do so for the insula

I found the jackets were an 'athletic' fit meaning my un-athletic physique needed a size up but t-shirt and insula jumper perfect fit in same size as other makes.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
I've got a GG Insula - my regular size of large, not too tight. I also have a Mizuno Warmalite and an Under Armour version of the insula. My son has an IJP version. All four are good quality kit, the GG. MIJP and Under Armour all seem very similar in design, quality and looks, the Mizuno has a different texture on the outside and doesn't look water resistant like the other three, but they all function as they should as a warm layer.

In_The_Rough

Tour Winner
Visit site
I found the jackets were an 'athletic' fit meaning my un-athletic physique needed a size up but t-shirt and insula jumper perfect fit in same size as other makes.

Right, I am 6ft 3" tall and weigh just over 13 stone so am in fairly athletic shape which is perhaps why I do not have any problems. I have just tried my jacket and can see that I will not be able to put on many pounds before it is a snug fit:) tried on an XXL before and that was like a tent on me so XL is always my size in GG and have had no issues with any of their products