Playsport East Kilbride

gregg0001

Visit site
Hi guys,

Newbie here....I have booked a game up at Playsport in East Kilbride for Sunday with a few friends.

Anybody been? Course looks good, if a little short.

Did try and search for a review but had no joy, maybe im not using the search function correctly. Rather excited at the prospect of actually getting to play on normal greens for the first time this year!

Cheers Gregg

Andy

Tour Winner
Visit site
Have been to the shop once, AG so nothing great to be honest but no surprise with that crowd. Never looked at driving range either but did have a peek at course.

Didn't look anything special and have heard from a few that it was like a sponge. This was a while ago so could have dried out in last 2 weeks with the good weather.

Andy

SharkAttack

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I haven't played the course but the word on the street is good well draining greens and tee's, fairways can be a bit damp (But then again I don't think we have had two weeks without rain here in East Kilbride since it opened :(). I have seen them working around a drainage pond on the course but don't know why. The rough during the summer was penal but I have been told they are going to be thining it out this year, so finding your ball shouldn't be an issue although it will still look long.

Driving range is a bit funny! Down stairs you can't see your shots landing over a six iron due to the large raised green (Copy of 17th at Sawgrass)and two small humps about 30-40 yards out cover the landing area of your pitch shots (They are seemingly going to be dealing with this by making greens and a short game area). Upstairs is just an ego booster, your shots all fly farther due to you being elevated.

As for AG, I can't complain they have given me good deals on anything I have bought (They price match but have also given me good discount when buying in general). I can't comment on their club fitting as I haven't used it although they do have the launch monitor and a bay in the shop opening out into the driving range.

Rob_DL

Visit site
I played a couple of rounds at Playsport Golf back in early February. As a relative newcomer to golf the course length was fine for me, although the frozen fairways and winter greens made the game a bit of a lottery, but it was good to get a chance to swing the clubs as most other courses were closed. I've used the range a few times and am curently getting some lessons from one of the pros there. All things considered I'd say it's a good facility. Course stats off the yellows:-
1st 389 par4
2nd 162 par3
3rd 353 par4
4th 171 par3
5th 462 par5
6th 121 par3
7th 173 par3
8th 392 par4
9th 117 par3

Enjoy your game.

gregg0001

Visit site
Well played yesterday, was very impressed. Fortunately i had a two for one voucher on the golf course that a friend had forwarded onto me. The breeze that was coming in over the course did make the shorter holes tougher, the second hole was playing a 3 iron and i wouldnt consider myself a short player! On the whole the course was dry underfoot and the greens were better than any greens that i have played on this year.

Did however go in and get talking to one of the employees to find out what was happening out on the course, the drainage works apparently were `some collapsed drains. Also apparently there will be some new tees going out there.

Did go and have a nosey about the range briefly, does seem a bit of a stange set up with that massive green! However ball quality looked good.

End result, i would definitely go back and play again (fingers crossed before the 2-for-1 voucher runs out.