Putter fitting centre in the North West UK

griffgolf

Head Pro
Visit site
Hi, can anybody recommend a very good putter fitting centre in the North West of UK as I live in on the border just in North Wales and willing to travel a reasonable distance. Im looking for a detailed fitting which will most probably command a fee not just the normal basic freebie fittings. Cheers

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hi, can anybody recommend a very good putter fitting centre in the North West of UK as I live in on the border just in North Wales and willing to travel a reasonable distance. Im looking for a detailed fitting which will most probably command a fee not just the normal basic freebie fittings. Cheers
Harold Swash academy in Southport is excellent.
Tour X in Wigan .
Scottsdale in Warrington have a new fitting centre but havnt been there yet.

tigerwes

Hacker
Visit site
Rather than start a new thread I thought I would bump this one.

Has anyone any experience of having a putter fitting? I'm looking a getting a new putter in the next couple of months and would ideally like to have it custom fit rather than buy off the shelf.

I had a fitting a few months ago at Scottsdales for my irons and I dont think they do putter fitting at the new place. Tour X only seem to do Odyssey which is a little restrictive.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Has anyone any experience of having a putter fitting? I'm looking a getting a new putter in the next couple of months and would ideally like to have it custom fit rather than buy off the shelf.

I had a fitting a few months ago at Scottsdales for my irons and I dont think they do putter fitting at the new place. Tour X only seem to do Odyssey which is a little restrictive.
Couple of seasons ago I went to Hopwood Cottage @ Manchester GC.
They had a brilliant set up there with SAM putter fitting.
Not sure if it’s still going but it was really good.

Clarks golf centre in Rainford also do putter fittings.
Has a good reputation.

D

Deleted member 3432

Penrith Golf Hub have an excellent set up, SAM Lab and a huge selection of putters. Scotty Cameron, Odyssey, Ping, Taylormade, Cleveland, Cobra and Sik off the top of my head

tigerwes

Hacker
Visit site
What is your experience of a putter fitting?

Is it just a case of try different putters with the SAM or similar device. Get the putter that gives you the best numbers.

Or do they actually adjust the putter in anyway?

I know I put my hands forward just before taking the stroke, de-lofting the putter. So I possibly need a putter with more loft.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It shows loft if your hitting the ball into the ground or chipping it to much.
The camera shows the roll or lack of when skidding on green
Face open or closed to your path and accuracy.
One of the main things is ,does the putter suit your stroke ,square to square, in to in ,in to square.
They then will fit you to a putter that suits your stroke. It will be tweaked until it suits you.
Might be to long or short!
If your own putter is not far off suiting you it can be adjusted to suit usually depending on its makeup.

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
What is your experience of a putter fitting?

Is it just a case of try different putters with the SAM or similar device. Get the putter that gives you the best numbers.

Or do they actually adjust the putter in anyway?

I know I put my hands forward just before taking the stroke, de-lofting the putter. So I possibly need a putter with more loft.
Chicken and egg I guess. Do you go somewhere that will fix your stroke and then get a putter fitted to match the new you or do you keep the existing stroke and find something that will help whatever your problem is?

The former may take longer but may well be better in the medium term.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Penrith Golf Hub have an excellent set up, SAM Lab and a huge selection of putters. Scotty Cameron, Odyssey, Ping, Taylormade, Cleveland, Cobra and Sik off the top of my head
Good timing, they have released a video of a putter fitting on Facebook. It looked pretty good to my eyes and worth the trip if that is the road someone wants to go down. (The video may not be new but it only popped up today so I'm making an assumption.)

D

Deleted member 3432

Good timing, they have released a video of a putter fitting on Facebook. It looked pretty good to my eyes and worth the trip if that is the road someone wants to go down. (The video may not be new but it only popped up today so I'm making an assumption.)

I think that video is current, only a few days old.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
The video looks great, might give them a try but it's 1.5hr drive. Either them or Putting Lab at Manchester Golf club which is a lot closer.
If you are going to spend a lot on a putter and go through a fitting then a 1.5 hour drive doesn't sound too painful. It becomes an event doesn't it?

Easy for me to say, I'll not be doing it, but if that place appeals more I'd choose that one. If it's a toss of a coin then go for the nearest.

Either way, enjoy the experience ?