South East, course under £125. Ideas?

D

Deleted member 23270

Some of the suggestions are getting outside the 90 minute drive time;)
Always happens, people don't read what is being asked they just chuck in random courses.

To the OP, what about Royal Dornoch?

RRidges

Visit site
Hi all
firstly apologies if this has been done before. I had tried the search option but didn’t work too well for me

My 40th is fast approaching (22nd July, a Friday) and I’m trying to book a memorable golf course. There are 11 of us and we are all junction 7/8 on the M25 so course needs to be within 1.5 hours distance wise

I did have Hankley Common. Very excited but originally had 8 booked, and when I went to extend for another tee I was told “no, sorry, no group bookings”. Ta very much

Any ideas welcome. At the moment all I’ve got is West Hills at £140 but perhaps a tad more than we wanted to spend but if anyone has rave reviews about it we could extend out

Thanks
First UK course I played in a work outing was something of a distinct surprise. Essex isn't renowned for high quality, but Thorndon Park was surprisingly good. Off M25 J29, so not too far from your base, traffic chaos notwithstanding and easily within budget.
https://www.thorndonpark.com/

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
First UK course I played in a work outing was something of a distinct surprise. Essex isn't renowned for high quality, but Thorndon Park was surprisingly good. Off M25 J29, so not too far from your base, traffic chaos notwithstanding and easily within budget.
https://www.thorndonpark.com/

that's a great shout, but it may take 90 minutes to get through the tunnel ?

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That 2 ball attitude is a joke to me.

If you haven't played the course, you wouldn't understand why. I couldn't get it either, until I played with a member and he explained it. There are sections of the course that would turn into utter chaos if you had 4 or 5 groups of 4 people looking for balls, putting out, teeing off etc. Member also explained that the social side is extremely good, even if it is a 2ball course - and it really does work well there

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Effingham
Hindhead
Blackmoor
Farnham
Liphook
My track, Farnham, is coming along beautifully at the moment.

Perhaps not quite as spectacularly memorable as some of the courses in our area, after all we are in an area of many great and celebrated courses - but we do share many of their characteristics and visitors always seem to really enjoy their day with us. Plus we were very pleased and honoured to win the England Golf 2021 Tournament Venue of the Year. I know it wasn’t The Open we hosted, but it is our first such award and was a still a hugely welcome recognition of the standard and quality of course and of our hosting.