Playing partner shot -10 today

AMcC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I was playing at West Kilbride today in the Ayrshire Winter Golf Association meet, my playing partner who is a pro shot 10 under. 11 birdies, one bogey and 6 pars. It was a great experience to watch his ball striking and shot making first hand. He didn't make any outrageous putts either. Some shooting. This is his card below.
]

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
I assume with winter rules it won't count as a course record or will it?

Who says it was played under winter rules? Just because it was the AWGA doesn't necessarily mean it was.

In any case, with a score like that, one presumes he was landing the ball neatly, dead centre, of the fairway every time - on nice links turf ...

Darn good golf.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Who says it was played under winter rules? Just because it was the AWGA doesn't necessarily mean it was.

In any case, with a score like that, one presumes he was landing the ball neatly, dead centre, of the fairway every time - on nice links turf ...

Darn good golf.

I said "assume" and didn't say it was. Either way one heck of a score and a proper career day out

AMcC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I assume with winter rules it won't count as a course record or will it?

The previous course record was -9 but because it was preferred lies, it won't count.

Darn good golf.

His driving wasn't the best bit of his game, his iron shots were on the pin pretty much every time and most putts were inside 10 feet.

londonlewis

Tour Rookie
www.golfdrawer.com
I didn't know whether it was going to be 10 under net or gross.
Glad to see it is net. Phenomenal round of golf.

And I didn't want to have to read multiple posts about a bandit.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
West Kilbride with no wind is defenseless, a player of Paul McKechnie's ability and a hot putter is always capable of shooting that score.

Would loved to have witnessed that though.

AMcC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
West Kilbride with no wind is defenseless, a player of Paul McKechnie's ability and a hot putter is always capable of shooting that score.

Would loved to have witnessed that though.

Conditions were pretty much perfect. All his putts were within makeable distances and he was never out of position.

Found out he played in the Open at Hoylake in 2014, missed the cut by 1