Playing my fourth from the ladies tees..

Ian_S

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Well I think I just had the craziest end to a round ever. Having been suitably saturated by the rain pouring down since the 8th hole, we arrived at the 18th tee looking forward to the post round beer and burger.

I lined up my shot, and hit some horrible fat sherman somewhere in the clag just past the ladies tees (trousers were staying up for me) near some netting. After a quick search it was sat pretty poorly, but unplayable would have meant going back to the tee for a third or dropping in a slightly different part of the clag. I couldn't reach the green but I could advance it, or so I thought.

So I took my swing and the ball skewed off, hit a pole holding up the netting and headed back towards me, cannoned off my hand and carried on its merry way backwards until it sat, mocking me a little, perfectly lined up with the red tees, waiting for me to come play my post-penalty fourth shot.

And so it was, with a slightly sore hand, that I proceeded to finish up with an 8 on the par 3 last. At least it wasn't a qualifier, and on the plus side I've got a good story out of it.