Players you can’t see ever winning a major.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Casey
Kuchar

Bout it really. Think Fowler's too good to not win one and will eventually time a good week well and win one, probably at Augusta. Same with DeChambeau, Schauffele, Rahm and Fleetwood, all so young and so talented that I'd be very surprised to not see them pick one up.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Bit of a safe list there!! Rafa and Hoffman are journeymen pros. Hatton likely to end his career similar. Fitz has stalled since he came onto the scene and Kuch and Casey are well known top 10 but don't really threaten cash machines that are beyond their peak!

Stick your neck on the line LT 😉
I know what you are saying but all of those trouser big chunks each year, win on the regular tour. They are the next division of players.

Problem is I do think Schauffle, de Chambeau, Fleetwood and Rahm will win one. I'll have to give this more thought 🤔.

Hang on, I've got two more, Westwood and Monty. Hmmmmm, still too safe I suppose 🤣

D

Deleted member 1418

Why would you say he’s over hyped?

Just from the media perspective and the way they go on about what a great player he is etc etc and how he's one of the favourites when a major comes around.

Just my opinion of course.

Jacko alluded to another in his prime in Monty.

Don't get me wrong but I like Fowler but just think there's something missing.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Just from the media perspective and the way they go on about what a great player he is etc etc and how he's one of the favourites when a major comes around.

Just my opinion of course.

Jacko alluded to another in his prime in Monty.

Don't get me wrong but I like Fowler but just think there's something missing.

It was a genuine question.

His record in majors is pretty decent,just never won one.

Definitely one to back EW rather than win.

D

Deleted member 1418

It was a genuine question.

His record in majors is pretty decent,just never won one.

Definitely one to back EW rather than win.

Yes and I appreciate that. Perhaps I've listened too much to the likes of Butch when commentating and going overboard on Ricky!

I do like him though and I'd prefer him to win a major than the likes of DJ, Cupcake, Spieth, Thomas et al. Just think he's lacking that bit of mental toughness to see him over the line.

D

Deleted member 1147

Last year he wasn't really in contention though he just snuck up there on the last day. Don't get me wrong, I love Fleetwood but he does always seem to put his foot in at some point.
Koepka had to beat him on the last.
That’s what I call “being in contention “🙄

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
Personally feel there used to be a real random element to winning a major. Especially the Open and US Open where weather could play a part.

The likes of Ben Curtis, Shawn Micheel, Todd Hamilton, Mike Weir etc. winning majors (and not much else) when seasoned champions such as Monty & Westwood could not despite far more consistent and lucrative careers.

More recently it is striking how many guys only have 1 major - the likes of DJ, Rose, Garcia, Stenson, Thomas, Day, Scott as guys you would say should have more than 1 (and obviously might get more). Plus a pile of guys with solid careers - only on 1 - McDowell, Bradley, Simpson, Walker Reed, Willett, Dufner, Schwartzel, Oosty who you could argue just got hot the right week.

And there is a fairly small list of guys with more than 1 major win this century;
Tiger
Phil 5
Rory 4
Koepka 4
Spieth 3
Harrington 3
Zach Johnson 2
Bubba Watson 2Le
Martin Kaymer 2
Angel Cabrera 2
Retief Goosen 2

Ridiculous that Cabrera, Johnson and Watson have 2 given the games they have and the careers they've had compared to plenty others with 1 or none.

In terms of guys without one, who are certainly good enough -
Casey
Fowler
Finau
Kuchar

Personally think these guys are just missing the killer instinct to get over the line at the biggest events. Likewise think the ship has sailed for Westwood and Donald who are in a similar category.

Another list of guys who will have good careers, but probably not quite up to a major
Fitzpatrick
Hatton
Leishman
RCB
Li
Snedeker

I'd back quite a few others to get majors at some point;
Fleetwood
Rahm
Schauffle
Bryson
Matsuyama
Pepperell
Wallace

Also would not be surprised if the following do not add to their current totals
DJ
Spieth
Day
Scott

Last edited:

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Personally feel there used to be a real random element to winning a major. Especially the Open and US Open where weather could play a part.

The likes of Ben Curtis, Shawn Micheel, Todd Hamilton, Mike Weir etc. winning majors (and not much else) when seasoned champions such as Monty & Westwood could not despite far more consistent and lucrative careers.

More recently it is striking how many guys only have 1 major - the likes of DJ, Rose, Garcia, Stenson, Thomas, Day, Scott as guys you would say should have more than 1 (and obviously might get more). Plus a pile of guys with solid careers - only on 1 - McDowell, Bradley, Simpson, Walker Reed, Willett, Dufner, Schwartzel, Oosty who you could argue just got hot the right week.

And there is a fairly small list of guys with more than 1 major win this century;
Tiger
Phil 5
Rory 4
Koepka 4
Spieth 3
Harrington 3
Zach Johnson 2
Bubba Watson 2Le
Martin Kaymer 2
Angel Cabrera 2
Retief Goosen 2

Ridiculous that Cabrera, Johnson and Watson have 2 given the games they have and the careers they've had compared to plenty others with 1 or none.

Casey
Fowler
Finau
Kuchar

Personally think these guys are just missing the killer instinct to get over the line at the biggest events. Likewise think the ship has sailed for Westwood and Donald who are in a similar category.

Another list of guys who will have good careers, but probably not quite up to a major
Fitzpatrick
Hatton
Leishman
RCB
Li
Snedeker

Fleetwood
Rahm
Schauffle
Bryson
Matsuyama
Pepperell
Wallace

DJ
Spieth
Day
Scott
Pepperell? No chance.

Wallace I don’t think so, but his swing is quickly becoming my favourite out there

D

Deleted member 15344

Pepperell? No chance.

Wallace I don’t think so, but his swing is quickly becoming my favourite out there
And Wallace - decent players with Wallace prob a step up a little from Pepperell but both just not good enough to win a major imo

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Fowler for sure. I think Fleetwood can. Other than that I can definitely see De Chambeau win one. The problem, is you just have to look at the list of one time only winners who have a career week to see it's so hard to win a major and to a degree reputations and rankings can count for little

TheDiablo

Challenge Tour Pro
Banned
Visit site

Tiger
Phil 5
Rory 4
Koepka 4
Spieth 3
Harrington 3
Zach Johnson 2
Bubba Watson 2Le
Martin Kaymer 2
Angel Cabrera 2
Retief Goosen 2

Casey
Fowler
Finau
Kuchar

Fitzpatrick
Hatton
Leishman
RCB
Li
Snedeker

Fleetwood
Rahm
Schauffle
Bryson
Matsuyama
Pepperell
Wallace

DJ
Spieth
Day
Scott

That analysis is all over the shop.

Whilst neither are close to my top 100 players, Bubba and ZJ have had fantastic, HoF careers. Pretty insulting comment

Finau has one win so far, in an alternative field event. Not sure how he is comparable to the other 3.

Fitz and Li aren't even 25 Ffs, give them a chance. They've not had close to enough experience to rule them out.

D

Deleted member 1147

Remember that Phil Mickleson was 34 when he won his first Major.
Sergio 37
Vijay wasn’t young, nor was O’Mesrs or Lehman

Anything is possible 🤞

D

Deleted member 15344

Tiger
Phil 5
Rory 4
Koepka 4
Spieth 3
Harrington 3
Zach Johnson 2
Bubba Watson 2Le
Martin Kaymer 2
Angel Cabrera 2
Retief Goosen 2

Casey
Fowler
Finau
Kuchar

Fitzpatrick
Hatton
Leishman
RCB
Li
Snedeker

Fleetwood
Rahm
Schauffle
Bryson
Matsuyama
Pepperell
Wallace

DJ
Spieth
Day
Scott

Zach Johnson has 26 professional wins including The Open and The Masters , Watson double figure tour wins as well

Their careers are superb and even Cabrera has had a very good career

It’s far from ridiculous and quite poor to suggest as such - you don’t win multiple majors like they have and not be superb players