play to 6 for 16 holes, BUT there is always 2 holes... Help!

neil_fryer

Visit site
Hi this is my first post,so please dont shout if this subject has already been covered.... and i am getting frustrated by the fact i can play golf and play at a reasonable level, but it is rare that i can keep a decent round going ... eg as the title indicates, i can play, and scramble to limit any damage, then out of nowhere - a stupid mistake that turns a potentially good round ( sub 80 gross) to an ok round.(82 -83)

I can accept there will always be a mistake - a three putt or a loose shot, in a round, but i can almost guarantee i will have two blow-up holes, that will ruin any chance of any decent round being put together.

any suggestions ? Not neccessarily to stop mistakes happening (unrealistic at my level) but to reduce a treble bogey to a single ? or just to stop the stupid mistakes happening? thanks !!

StrangelyBrown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Three words Neil, Take Your Medicine.

If you drive into rough and have trees/bushes infront of you don't try to pull off the impossible 190 yard 9 iron over the trees with a 5 yard draw. The percentage shot is what you need to think about, hack out sideways, put the next one on the green, 2 putt for a 5 and leg it.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Three words Neil, Take Your Medicine.

If you drive into rough and have trees/bushes infront of you don't try to pull off the impossible 190 yard 9 iron over the trees with a 5 yard draw. The percentage shot is what you need to think about, hack out sideways, put the next one on the green, 2 putt for a 5 and leg it.

thats what got me from 20 to 15 within 8 months