Ping weight missing.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
There is a reason why Ping cant send you the weights.
What weight would they send you?

Each ping club has to be a certain total weight
Just say an 8 iron is 400g*
Each club has a shaft, a head and a grip.
They are all made within a certain tolerance.
Not all shafts weigh exactly the same or the grips or 8 iron heads.
So when a club is assembled in the factory it is weighed.
Just say it weighs 395 g, then a 4g weight will be glued to the head
395 + 4 +1 for the weight of the glue used makes the club 400g in total
If the club weighs less, say 393g, then they will use a 6g weight+1 for the glue =400
So the weight that is glued to the back of the club varies depending on the weight of the rest of the parts added together.
Bottom line is each weight in Ping clubs is different.
Hope that makes sense.
And yes, the weight of the glue is accounted for.

*Disclaimer......numbers quoted may not be accurate.

To be fair Bob, Ping should have a note on the spec sheet of every club and it shouldn't be an issue to send out that spec of weight - even if it's sent to a club pro or retailer.

As much as I am a Ping fan I don't see where the problem is re sending out a replacement. It's only epoxy. Job done.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
To be fair Bob, Ping should have a note on the spec sheet of every club and it shouldn't be an issue to send out that spec of weight - even if it's sent to a club pro or retailer.

I don't think they keep notes on which individual club weight used.
However, it may have changed since I went on the Ping factory tour in 2005

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I had i20 irons where over time several fell out and were replaced...when it continued my pro wrote a rude letter....then a full set of i25s arrived with an apology

Great service there. However they could not do that with i25 as everyone I know has lost weights.
My clubs are getting on a bit but there have been at least 8 times one has come out.
I now have a little bit of lead tape holding them in place.

effayjay

Club Champion
Visit site
By way of an update, the back weight has now gone missing from my G15 9i. I rang Ping today who told me they no longer replace them as Ping USA no longer manufacture them and they have none in the UK.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
By way of an update, the back weight has now gone missing from my G15 9i. I rang Ping today who told me they no longer replace them as Ping USA no longer manufacture them and they have none in the UK.

Surprising, but they do not normally engage with individuals. Perhaps ask your pro to get in touch with them.

When were G15 released, 2014?

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
My I25's were a nightmare. Still got the weight missing form the 9 iron. Tempted to get it sent back after lockdown on the hope they can do something and then I should get more on resale

Same for me. Got a couple replaced early this year. Wee bit lead tape holding them all in place now.