Ping weight missing.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
As it is a quiet day in the Tash household, I have had a shower. Me golf clubs have had a bath. Anyway after a minute or so of soaking in warm soapy water. I have given them a clean with an owd toothbrush and a dry down. Last club to dry was my PW my set of Ping G Max, bought from new from club shop. As I was drying the back I noticed the weight was missing. Initially I thought it was a cavity re how the clubs were designed, but having a look at the rest of the set. Nope a weight is missing in action. Had a quick look on Pings site and it does say current policy "protects from defects". I am not worried one bit re returning the club? My golf club is gonna ring me back shortly, but anyone been through the same process. How long for it to be repaired etc.

Cheers me dear

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Yep. Sadly it seems to be a big issue with Ping clubs and I've had weights come out of a number of the I25's I had (part of my argument to HID to upgrade to my I Series!) and the club has sent them back to Ping who fixed them without issue. I've waited anything from 6-14 working days.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Robster. To be honest me water had been getting cooler and cooler. Probably because i was more worried of the ferryul glue. Never really gave the weights in the sole a thought.

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
Even allowing for very hot water, does seem like corners have been cut here.

Surely these clubs are tested to be used in freezing conditions in Europe and North America, as well as the sweltering conditions of the middle east, Central America, Australia etc.

NorwichBanana

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I had this happen on 4 occasions with some Ping G irons in 2016. Kept sending them back, usually got them returned the following week. They were very good with getting them sorted and sent back, but after 4 issues I sent them back and came away with some Srixons!

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
The weight port is usually directly behind the impact zone.

No big deal, Ping will fix it ASAP and free of charge. Great customer service.

SteveJay

Head Pro
Visit site
At the range before my round yesterday I pulled out my Ping G 7 iron (in a head cover fortunately :p) and found the weight/damper in it had fallen out. Consulted our pro who said you won't notice any real difference, and can't say I did with the couple of shots I hit with it. Left it with him to stick it back in with their special glue once I came in!

He said it was a common occurrence with earlier Pings but hadn't seen it before for G's. Losing the weight would have been a pain though, so....for all you iron head cover haters out there.....one reason for me to keep using them :D:p:D:LOL::ROFLMAO:

Ross61

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
It happened to me too, there was a thread I started a couple of years ago about it. Anyway I started losing the “custom tuning ports” on my Ping g’s After about a year. I was taking back to the pro that I bought them from who then sent them away, but I was having to wait around fortnight for Ping to fit new ones. Apparently Ping won’t supply the weights so the Pro can araldite them back in. After the 4th club got repaired I was getting pretty cheesed off and Ping said that If another one went they would repair the other ones not already repaired. The problem went away for a few months and then another came out.... it was one that had already been repaired, so I refused to have the rest redone. Ping then said they would give me a whole new set, which I received, when after a couple of months one went, I refused any repair or replacement of a the updated G max as they were exactly the same fitting of the weights and I had lost all faith in Ping Irons. Instead I came away with a new set of Taylormade.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
It happened to me too, there was a thread I started a couple of years ago about it. Anyway I started losing the “custom tuning ports” on my Ping g’s After about a year. I was taking back to the pro that I bought them from who then sent them away, but I was having to wait around fortnight for Ping to fit new ones. Apparently Ping won’t supply the weights so the Pro can araldite them back in. After the 4th club got repaired I was getting pretty cheesed off and Ping said that If another one went they would repair the other ones not already repaired. The problem went away for a few months and then another came out.... it was one that had already been repaired, so I refused to have the rest redone. Ping then said they would give me a whole new set, which I received, when after a couple of months one went, I refused any repair or replacement of a the updated G max as they were exactly the same fitting of the weights and I had lost all faith in Ping Irons. Instead I came away with a new set of Taylormade.

Just shows how fantastic Pings customer service is when they allow a customer to walk away for something so trivial.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I've never had this issue with my previous i5's or current i20's.

It does seem to be quite an issue in certain runs, whether the epoxy mix has been poor or a dodgy batch of epoxy.

That said Ping are fantastic to deal with and usually a very quick turnaround.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Three have come loose on my i25 and I lost one within 2 or 3 months of getting them.

I keep an eye on them and have clued those that came loose using superglue.

Other than that the clubs are in fantastic condition and approaching 5 years old.

Ross61

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Just shows how fantastic Pings customer service is when they allow a customer to walk away for something so trivial.
It wasn’t trivial to me. Unlike SteveJay above I could tell straight away when one had fallen out, even on the practice swing. I then lost that club for 2-3 weeks each time. Ping were not the ones I were dealing with, I dealt through the Pro that sold them to me. I got the replacement Taylormade clubs from the Pro that I had the contract with.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
It wasn’t trivial to me. Unlike SteveJay above I could tell straight away when one had fallen out, even on the practice swing. I then lost that club for 2-3 weeks each time. Ping were not the ones I were dealing with, I dealt through the Pro that sold them to me. I got the replacement Taylormade clubs from the Pro that I had the contract with.

Fair enough but my experience from Ping has been way different. Any issues I've had the pro has phoned their and then, booked the return, club picked up next day and usually always back by the end of the week!

Very unusual for a 3 week repair unless the pro "sat on it" for a while.

If you're not happy you're not happy so best move on. I personally can't fault any of my current Ping products, yes I've had "issues" or repairs done in the past but Ping have always turned the negative into a positive.