Ping i59

Springveldt

Visit site
I think the i500 has a forged face insert not body … as that’s 17-4 cast steel which explains no clatter, but I am happy to be corrected.
I did try them, but the shaft options were away from what I wanted and I thought they were a little lively for me , they looked good though!
To be honest, I've no idea. I just know they say forged on them. If it is the face insert then they make a hell of a racket when you actually hit the middle of the face, it's way louder than if you hit it off the toe or hosel. My playing partners will say "that made a funny noise" and I'm like "aye, I finally hit the middle of the face on that one".

I agree that they are lovely looking irons. I ended up with the KBS Tour 120 shafts to keep the spin down as I was flippy when I got them. Not so flippy now so I'm not sure they are still the right shaft for me as my iron speed has dropped right down due to changes to actually try and control shots. Just need to make do though as there is no way I'd pay the price of the new irons that are coming out.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
I agree, but how often have you seen someone with i-blades or blueprint irons?
There is a whole list of clubs that I wouldn't realistically expect to see, the Blueprints probably being at the top of it and the iblades not far behind. With the way prices are going, I would expect that list to continue to become a lot bigger.
They are a pretty conservative lot at my club, and Taylormade Burner irons from 2016 are considered exotic. Most of the people who have expressed an interest in my irons have never heard of Miura.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
I think the i500 has a forged face insert not body … as that’s 17-4 cast steel which explains no clatter, but I am happy to be corrected.
I did try them, but the shaft options were away from what I wanted and I thought they were a little lively for me , they looked good though!
I like that, good way to describe clubs of this ilk.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Popped into the local Ping stockist today and he had the fitting heads in.
He'd made up a couple of irons and had tried them....
They look very similar to the Blueprints in almost every respect, just a hair bigger.
And he said they're just as hard to use as the Blueprints
He's not expecting to sell any.........