Ping G410

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Reviews popping up online today. Looks like they have finally joined the moveable weight revolution.

Decent looking bats apart from those crown turbulators.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Hate the look from above - very unsubtle.
Weight can only be in one of three positions so if you need the weight half way between draw and neutral you can't.
Looks so-so but Ping will sell bucket loads of them.

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Looks good to me but agree with the above comments.

Seems strange that Ping have jumped onto the moveable weight option so long after everyone else and also strange that it only has 3 settings rather than progressive.

Even stranger that they are continuing with the SFT model when moving the weight should do the same thing.

Also quite surprised at the price, Ping used to be a slightly lower price but £450 puts them right up there with the rest of them. The F9 driver is the one that is tempting me the most this year but realistically I won't be changing from the Epic (even though I whacked it against a posted and the crown is dented D:, not on purpose either!)

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
no point in changing just for the sake of it.
So many people should read that on so many things. Drivers, phones, cars, computers, partners, ...

I like Ping, but I am not upgrading until I have some grass stains on my G30 and have actually used the sweet spot a decent amount of times.

Beedee

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Like the look of the clubs, and have been a Ping-boy for years, but disappointed that they've decided to join the mega-bucks brigade. I guess my current G's will be the past brand-new and latest clubs that I'll be buying.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Big Ping fan and great to see them finally get into the adjustable weight technology, albeit a decade too late. Hate the fact the gaps where the weight can move to are open and can get covered in crap. Looks wise, Ping don't do in your face and this continues a theme. Not sure for a single weight adjustment when most others are doing two rails is a big enough leap and I have reservations especially at the £450 RRP

D

Deleted member 17920

I had a go with the 410 irons today.

Quite like them, they sit well.

I even hit it high 😱

woofers

Medal Winner
Visit site
So many people should read that on so many things. Drivers, phones, cars, computers, partners, ...

I like Ping, but I am not upgrading until I have some grass stains on my G30 and have actually used the sweet spot a decent amount of times.

Couldn't agree more, my 10 year old Mercedes is still going strong, (although I do look after it), and I moved up to the G30 from a G5 ! (and coming up to 30 year anniversary with HID)

Still scratch my head at those who willing pay the asking price of new drivers, £350 through to £500 now ?, but baulk at £250 for a decent putter (say,a Ping Vault 2.00)

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
Couldn't agree more, my 10 year old Mercedes is still going strong, (although I do look after it), and I moved up to the G30 from a G5 ! (and coming up to 30 year anniversary with HID)

Still scratch my head at those who willing pay the asking price of new drivers, £350 through to £500 now ?, but baulk at £250 for a decent putter (say,a Ping Vault 2.00)

Absolutely. Only thing I take from the release today is that the price of G400 woods and hybrids will reduce a bit.

Wolf

Visit site
G20 last Driver I owned before I stopped playing, quite possibly my favourite driver I ever had could hit the ball so straight with it. Big Fan of Ping drivers but based on current prices and reviews I'd be opting for the F9

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Maybe I'm the minority but I kind of liked the fact that Ping didn't have moveable weight tech. Them staying clear of was unique to them in a way, their way of saying they didn't need gimmicks like that to make and sell solid drivers. But alas, they've succumbed to it now.