Ping G410

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Maybe I'm the minority but I kind of liked the fact that Ping didn't have moveable weight tech. Them staying clear of was unique to them in a way, their way of saying they didn't need gimmicks like that to make and sell solid drivers. But alas, they've succumbed to it now.

The problem with the moveable tech is it does kinda work. If you don't offer it then another company certainly will do.

I do like cleaner looking drivers, crown and sole. If they could hide the tech better it would appeal to me more.

Drivers these days are very busy looking but they do produce the goods on performance.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
It’s interesting that a few have mentioned the F9, I have just purchased an F8 for the same reasons listed by some and it’s a weapon!

* unbusy subtle grey / carbon head
* simplified weighting system
* no nasty nooks and slots to fill with crap.

At £350 the bat is in my opinion far better value that the 410, flash or m5/m6 offerings.

I was speaking to our pro this week as despite being a callaway and ping fitting centre, it’s looking like we may become a cobra stockist as club sales are slowing due to stupid RRP’s. on those that are selling the profits are lower due to forced discounts to win the sale.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Does your club not do any fittings Homer?
They do but a limited set of stock shafts and to be honest I don't have a huge amount of faith in the pro we've had in place for the last few years. Doesn't seem overly proactive, one or two have tried different clubs and apparently his fitting skills leave a little to be desired. I've not used him other than for basics (balls etc) but I can't seem to warm to him and find him cold towards members.

trevor

Head Pro
Visit site
Just wondering, Is it still possible to buy a say 10 degree driver without any adjustments or am I living in a little world of my own without keeping up to date in the real world?

D

Deleted member 17920

Just wondering, Is it still possible to buy a say 10 degree driver without any adjustments or am I living in a little world of my own without keeping up to date in the real world?
Why would you want to do that?

Getting fitted is an eye opener.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My main thought about movable tech is
It does work but once it’s set up for you that’s it you would not change the settings .
One advantage is it’s easier to sell as it can be set for the new owner.
But it makes the original price to high .
But we will pay for them and the oems know it.

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Initially I was disappointed that Ping had changed the adapter from that used on the G400. I’m now pleased as it means I’ll not be tempted to upgrade!

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
The movement is still fairly limited with 3 fixed positions rather than anywhere within that rail.
Crossfield and Dan have done the review.
Results as usual no longer than other clubs.
Set to draw bias Dan didn’t draw it and all four went right.
Rick shields has it a little longer than other drivers. Maybe it is personal differences?

Do we ever know how they all benchmark on Pingman?

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
They do but a limited set of stock shafts and to be honest I don't have a huge amount of faith in the pro we've had in place for the last few years. Doesn't seem overly proactive, one or two have tried different clubs and apparently his fitting skills leave a little to be desired. I've not used him other than for basics (balls etc) but I can't seem to warm to him and find him cold towards members.

Let's give your club pro a big boot in the chuckies on a national golf forum!

🙈🙈🙈🤔

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site

Think Benross do one.

You're probably not going to be keen on the new Lynx "switch face " though!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Nothing mind blowing with the YouTube lot yet.
I really don’t mind the look of the top, I’ve used a G30 for years. Looks like the G400 will be a great investment once prices start to drop.
I currently use the G model and so the G400 upgrade would be where I'd look to go next I think so the lower the prices drop because of this new shiny version the better