Ping G400

Hoganman1

Visit site
I'm 70 and have lost a lot of my distance off the tee. I've spent the last four or five years searching for that "magic" club that will restore at least some of my distance. I've tried the Great Big Bertha, the XR16 and the Rogue from Callaway all with the stock and some custom shafts. I've also tried the Taylormade M2 and M6 with several shafts. They were all good, but there was no noticeable gain of distance. I actually went back to a Ping G25 I bought out of a barrel six or seven years ago. It wasn't any longer but was in the fairway most of the time. A couple of weeks ago I tried one more time and bought a Ping G400. To my surprise I've picked up ten to twelve yards. I've only played four times, but my golf buddies have noticed. It's a 10.5* with a regular ALTA CB shaft. Hopefully, this will last.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I'm 70 and have lost a lot of my distance off the tee. I've spent the last four or five years searching for that "magic" club that will restore at least some of my distance. I've tried the Great Big Bertha, the XR16 and the Rogue from Callaway all with the stock and some custom shafts. I've also tried the Taylormade M2 and M6 with several shafts. They were all good, but there was no noticeable gain of distance. I actually went back to a Ping G25 I bought out of a barrel six or seven years ago. It wasn't any longer but was in the fairway most of the time. A couple of weeks ago I tried one more time and bought a Ping G400. To my surprise I've picked up ten to twelve yards. I've only played four times, but my golf buddies have noticed. It's a 10.5* with a regular ALTA CB shaft. Hopefully, this will last.
I recently changed from an M2 to a Ping G400 LST recently and on Sunday I managed a 271 yard drive with it ??

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ive changed to a G400 this year, didn't like the stock shaft so put a Fubuki in,it's performed well in the 3 games I've played with it.

Hoganman1

Visit site
I'm hesitant to get too excited, but like I said in my op, the G400 is noticeably longer for me. Also, one of my playing partners play a G400 MAX and he has gotten longer off the tee as well.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I'm hesitant to get too excited, but like I said in my op, the G400 is noticeably longer for me. Also, one of my playing partners play a G400 MAX and he has gotten longer off the tee as well.
Good news. Distance and keeping it on the short stuff. What's not to like. My G series (with same shaft you have I think) has started to behave better. I still have my G25 and tempted to give that a whirl while it's still social golf and see if I can get anything more from that than the G

The Autumn Wind

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I had a Ping G400 driver up until around 6 months ago when I tried a Cobra F9 which I liked so much I bought.

I did like the Ping G400 though. A very good driver.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I purchased a G400 sft, I didn’t know it was an SFT when I was trying it on the simulator. It has a regular shaft, I started off quite steady and the dispersion was small and the shape was consistent. I started to wind up and increased my carry by another 15 yards and dispersion was unaffected and shape same. I then was getting looser and more comfortable, less controlling and really started to apply more speed and that got me out another 15 yards of carry. The dispersion was the same the flight shape stayed consistent and predictable... the spin, and launch numbers looked right ( I have seriously struggled with these). So I bought it.

i then went to the range and hit a bucket of balls. No change the flight was same shape, high for me, distance was there. I lofted the head up by the small plus, which gave me a slightly higher flight and about a yard max extra carry. Every thing was consistent a few miss hits sees a minor drop off but line is fine. I really like this driver and I can see it making my life so much easier. I don’t care if it is an sft, it’s about where it lands and how far. I may see if I can try it against my rogue in the UK and swap that out !

Hoganman1

Visit site
My G400 is still performing well. I have to admit that I was skeptical at first. I know one cannot "buy" a game, but I kept trying. Every time the OEMs introduced a "new and improved" driver guaranteeing 20 more yards I gave it a try. None of them increased my distance off the tee. My son and son-in-law both benefited in that they got my cast-offs. Well the G400 is longer for me. I don't know why. Maybe it just fits my swing. Anyway I think my search is over for the foreseeable future. If you are looking for better results off the tee I suggest you give the G400 a try.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I used to chop and change Drivers (and shafts) in search for better performance but it was an expensive business that had to stop as age increased and earnings shrunk. I did find a review of (the last - I think - before they sold to TM) an Adams that inspired me to try ut. Deemed nothing special for 2 (or maybe 3) of the participants, but for the slower swinging Senior it improved distance significantly. I now own 3 (or maybe 4) of them! Light, stiff shaft (by Matrix whose shafts I generally like) seemed to be the key - as also seemed to be the case when Cleveland introduced superlight shafts from Miyazaki. The C-Kua included a 39gms ultralite and several Senior Tour players I met used Miyazakis C-Kuas, but my swing requires a different profile! Regular (or A-Flex) also increase distance, but dispersion generally suffers - particularly my non-practicing one!

One of the guys in my regular group has always played Ping and smashes his G400 miles (and straight these days!). It certainly feels solid and forgiving on the few times I've tried it. The G25 I auditioned a nember of years ago - when first considering upgrading my Callaway FT3 (donk!) felt fine, and the G15 I had was very good too. So Ping drivers are hard to fault - if the shaft is appropriate to your swing.

Hoganman1

Visit site
I have a G400 swooped the stiff shaft for a ping tour reg it’s brilliant.
It gives the same distance but a lot straighter.
Mine has the Alta CB regular flex shaft. It's working really well. I promised myself that I won't tinker with shafts or hosel adjustments. Hopefully, I won't break that promise.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Mine has the Alta CB regular flex shaft. It's working really well. I promised myself that I won't tinker with shafts or hosel adjustments. Hopefully, I won't break that promise.
I am in the middle of stiff and reg and the tour shafts just fit me.
Like a 5.5 stiffness.