Ping Cracked Driver = new club! But not Ping!

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Hey mate, contact ping direct, I cracked the face of my G410. Sent it back and had a new replacement G410 back in 4 days. I’ve even known of a guy send in his cracked 400 and getting the 410 back. Worth a try before shelling out. And thanks once again to Ping (Australia)...

In the UK Ping only seem to deal via dealers, not individuals.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I had a PING G25 and G30 both lovely clubs, sounded like a wok though. @Aussie Swinger PING UK are just as good you just have to go via an authorised PING dealer - my G30 cracked at the hosel and they replaced it despite the G series being the current ones.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If you are thinking TM if you can find one secondhand try the M4/M6 to compare against Sim.

I bought Sim and sold it reverted to M4

My mate went M6 to Sim - great improvement for him then he part exchanged the Sim for Sim2 and went backwards

If you want a more solid feel go Titleist.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I also find that the upright lie angle of a modern driver makes me address the ball with the toe of the clubhead pointing a bit upward,
thus relying on shaft droop during the swing to bring it level.

I'm happy with my 1990s vintage 13º Titleist PT. If I can drive the ball 215 yards at age 74, I needn't be complaining.

Modern adjustable drivers have 3 settings, standard, flat and upright.

They can also be bought with shafts to suit slower swingers. One of the biggest things I notice in older gentlemen is they think they can still play a reg shaft when they should be playing an active flex shaft (often euphemisticly referred to as a seniors shaft). My mate the switch last year and has gained about 30 yards on his drives. (now outdriving me :cry:)

njrose51

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Quick update. Went for more detailed trackman test - callaway and TM. Not as good as current g400. Advised not to buy, and wait until current club breaks as the crack not affecting me yet. Then get new g400 head or revisit. Happy with that advice and save me cash!

mister v

Visit site
i tested the ping g425 last night and thought it was broke after a couple of drives.......the sound it makes is weird to say the least and i bet you the tech heads at ping designing the new ping g525 will having it sounding different!!
im testing the sim2 on monday ............