Pimp my ride

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Always find it weird how so many cars cannot take a set of clubs without having to take a couple out etc or folding some weird seat configuration and got me thinking no club manufacture would make that error if they'd been involved...

So what features do you think would be added to your car if a golf manufacture had had a hand in the design?

I wont list all the gadgets I've thought of but I'll start with a couple:

How about a slot with a little fold out seat so you can change your shoes in the car park

On the more practical side, do they already have the ability to recharge your trolley battery on the drive home?

Over to you...

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think you have probably covered the big ones, boot size, shape and opening. I've now got a Superb and the boot on the that is pretty darned good for golf.

I love the idea of a slide out seat. My FiL had a Peugeot with a fold down boot, like a Range Rover, that he could sit on but the downside was you had to lean over it to take the clubs out so that was bad for your back. The slide out seat solves that issue.

I'd like a plastic box under the boot floor that your dirty shoes could be put into after a round. This could be removed and rinsed out easily when it became too dirty. My current boot has an area under the boot floor but it is all polystyrene so mud and dirt would not clean off it so I don't use it.

dufferman

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A trolley rack - bit like a bike rack on the back of the car, but for your trolley. Combine it with a trolley cover like you get spare wheel covers on the back of 4x4's. Saves space in the boot and keeps muddy trolleys off the upholstery.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Ive an estate car so no issue getting my tour bag in without taking any clubs out and my motocaddy trolley. There is a power point in there somewhere so in theory i could charge the battery if i wanted.

D

Deleted member 16999

A dropped well stretching from the rear of the boot to under the seats, can be used for extra storage and conveniently a golf bag.

njrose51

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
(1) An automatic sliding golf bag and trolly holder. place bag and trolly on it, press a button and it slides gracefully in and out of your boot.

(2) a built in punch bag thing so when you get back to your car after a disasterous round, and you've left behind the false smiles and congratulations to your playing partners, before muttering and through gritted teeth ... "naaa im not fussed, just one of those days! hahaha." you can get back to your car and punch seven shades of s**t out of something other than your passenger car seat

(3) A Pepsi Max drinks dispenser!

that'll do for now.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Always find it weird how so many cars cannot take a set of clubs without having to take a couple out etc or folding some weird seat configuration and got me thinking no club manufacture would make that error if they'd been involved...

So what features do you think would be added to your car if a golf manufacture had had a hand in the design?

I wont list all the gadgets I've thought of but I'll start with a couple:

How about a slot with a little fold out seat so you can change your shoes in the car park

On the more practical side, do they already have the ability to recharge your trolley battery on the drive home?

Over to you...

You must live a long way from the course if you can charge your battery on the way home. The average battery takes hours to charge to full capacity.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
How about a complimentary nice lady who can a) drive the car home so i can have a few bevvies, b) say nice things like "there, there, don't worry it's only golf," or "wow, that's brilliant, well done" and c) wash & iron my golf shirts.

Oops, just remembered - l married her. Shame she doesn't drive but 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

So i guees the gadget is the driverless car thing?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
How about a complimentary nice lady who can a) drive the car home so i can have a few bevvies, b) say nice things like "there, there, don't worry it's only golf," or "wow, that's brilliant, well done" and c) wash & iron my golf shirts.

Oops, just remembered - l married her. Shame she doesn't drive but 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

So i guees the gadget is the driverless car thing?

I got the full house as HID drives me to and from golf (and has been known to do a bit of golf filming too)

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I want a converted transit van that holds all my golf stuff in with plenty of storage for balls tees gloves batteries shoes trolley both tour and carry bag and a bed with heater, tv satellite with cool looking paint job and a cool set of alloys.

dufferman

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I want a converted transit van that holds all my golf stuff in with plenty of storage for balls tees gloves batteries shoes trolley both tour and carry bag and a bed with heater, tv satellite with cool looking paint job and a cool set of alloys.

I think what you're after is a Mobile home.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'd love on of those lush American motor homes but A/ couldn't afford one B/ wouldn't have the skill to drive one in this country on our roads and with our car parks. In America though........................

Lwatson-jones

Assistant Pro
Visit site
My 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee (with 1/3 rear seat down) will take
Motocaddy S3 pro
Sun mountain push trolley
3 wheel push trolley
2 wheel pull trolley
2 cobra Cart bags
2 carry bags

then
Myself and the Wife,
and both my boys !!

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
My mate has a vw caddy.
His trolley and bag are all set up and ready in the back. Held safe with some bungee rope.
He pulls up and just wheels it out. Job done.