PGA Tour Player of the Year

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

PGA Player of the Year

• Total voters

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Great seasons by both but I reckon Rory will be kicking himself a bit harder than Brooks will if they're reflecting on missed opportunities

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Brooks is that fella at school who cruised to straight A's with out seemingly having to put in any of the hard graft.
Rory to his credit also did well in his exams but was never out of the library. He also didnt quite hit the peaks of brooks dispite studying hard on his putting and wedge game and excelling naturally at driving.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Brooks is that fella at school who cruised to straight A's with out seemingly having to put in any of the hard graft.
Rory to his credit also did well in his exams but was never out of the library. He also didnt quite hit the peaks of brooks dispite studying hard on his putting and wedge game and excelling naturally at driving.
I'd have called it the other way tbh.

Rory cruiswd through school with no piers to challenge him. When he got to college he still excelled, but at uni where the competition increased his earlier years of success and ease meant he didn't quite accept he had areas to work and improve on.

Brooks on the other hand, spent years working hard and accepting who he was so that later in life he flourished.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Both have had great results this season but if you asked Rory honestly, he wouldn't be happy deep down. His wedge play in general and Open Championship was a let down to a guy with such high standards.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I'd have called it the other way tbh.

Rory cruiswd through school with no piers to challenge him. When he got to college he still excelled, but at uni where the competition increased his earlier years of success and ease meant he didn't quite accept he had areas to work and improve on.

Brooks on the other hand, spent years working hard and accepting who he was so that later in life he flourished.

Good way of looking at their careers as a whole. :)

SatchFan

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Slight surprise considering their relative performance in the four big ones but still a worthy winner. Mind you, I cannot picture Brooks crying on his major trophy tonight.

inc0gnito

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Deserved winner in my opinion. I think he’s had an amazing season which I don’t think majors alone should define.

rksquire

Head Pro
Visit site
It's awarded for the overall performance over the season, I seen elsewhere that someone commented that it wasn't just an award for 'best performance in the majors', I'm sure this is a factor, but if you take into account the season in its entirety, there's not much between them, and I couldn't have grumbled had their peers voted for BK - it must have been close.

What I hope is that they both maintain their current standards and we're treated to an upcoming season of high level competitive golf between the 2, with a few final Sunday pairings that ultimately sets the stage for a fantastic Ryder Cup.

inc0gnito

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Came up short in the only 4 comps that matter to the top guys.

Don’t be so narrow minded. If you think any pro golfer or “top guy” doesn’t care about the other events then you’re mistaken.

Feels like there’s gona be a lot of sour grapes in this thread.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Don’t be so narrow minded. If you think any pro golfer or “top guy” doesn’t care about the other events then you’re mistaken.

Nope just facts. Majors count for top guys that's all. Nothing else when they have X millions in winnings and endorsements.

Rory "failed" in all the majors, wasn't even close to Brooks.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site

IMO They're always trying to win BUT i don't think there is a tournament on tour that any of them woudn't trade in for a major.

I think there was an argument for Rory winning, he wouldn't have been my choice, but can understand it. As looking at it from a statistical pov he did very well. But in years to come im sure he'd rather be an 8 time major winner than someone who wins the player of the year 4/5 times and has another dozen tour victories.

D

Deleted member 15344

Came up short in the only 4 comps that matter to the top guys.
The award is for the best player on the PGA tour - so it’s not best player in the majors only

Even when Rory does well for the season there is always a but instead of a “ well done “