2013 - Year of the Putter - a story so far

tsped83

Tour Winner
Visit site
Upon reflection, and thank you Rooter for the assistance, I feel the Pigeon may have been a 'Mafia' pigeon. Apologies if I have in anyway misled people.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Upon reflection, and thank you Rooter for the assistance, I feel the Pigeon may have been a 'Mafia' pigeon. Apologies if I have in anyway misled people.

Don't mess with them. "made" pigeons "whack" their targets in a different way than you may have seen on Goodfellas or the sopranos..

Tiger

Money List Winner
rub-of-the-green.blogspot.com
Love the pigeon chat :thup: I would be interested in hearing a bit more about all the putters you've had this year and why you've parted company with them? (Obviously in your now established house style ;) )

tsped83

Tour Winner
Visit site
Love the pigeon chat :thup: I would be interested in hearing a bit more about all the putters you've had this year and why you've parted company with them? (Obviously in your now established house style ;) )

Oh Tiger, alas, there is not enough room in the reply window to deliver the necessary prose that would most adequately describe my obsessive and impulsive affair with putters. The immortal flat stick is both my most beloved mistress and eternal tormentor.

In short, I've had some good ones this year (Ping Nome, Ping Anser 2) and some that were not so good (Taylormade White Smoke, Odyssey White Hot #2 CS), or should I say, I was not so good with them...

The current pretender to the throne is a Nike Method 004. Bought brand new and only used it on the putting green so far, but I like the feel and roll on it. Looking for a thicker/chunkier grip for it, and then away we go!

Tiger

Money List Winner
rub-of-the-green.blogspot.com
Oh Tiger, alas, there is not enough room in the reply window to deliver the necessary prose that would most adequately describe my obsessive and impulsive affair with putters. The immortal flat stick is both my most beloved mistress and eternal tormentor.

In short, I've had some good ones this year (Ping Nome, Ping Anser 2) and some that were not so good (Taylormade White Smoke, Odyssey White Hot #2 CS), or should I say, I was not so good with them...

The current pretender to the throne is a Nike Method 004. Bought brand new and only used it on the putting green so far, but I like the feel and roll on it. Looking for a thicker/chunkier grip for it, and then away we go!

Oh dear that does sound like a bit of a problem, a couple of 'rebound' purchases? Sounds as though you have had a string of unsatisfying affairs whilst looking for love...

Maybe we need a Match.com for forlorn golfers looking for the perfect flatstick. How's this for your advert

Erratic golfer with GSOH seeks to boss the moss with chunky dark headed beauty that likes a firm grip and stroking balls smoothly? ;)

Last edited:

tsped83

Tour Winner
Visit site
Maybe we need a Match.com for forlorn golfers looking for the perfect flatstick. How's this for your advert

Erratic golfer with GSOH seeks to boss the moss with chunky dark headed beauty that likes a firm grip and stroking balls smoothly? ;)

Toùche Tiger, that is genius!

Spark.

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Might I recommend something. My dad has played with an old Donnay putter since I can remember first being out with him since i was about 14. Since the two of us took up membership this year, hes updated his bag apart from the putter and its the best part of his game, he literally sinks just about everything. He puts it down to just persistence and not messing about with it. Find a putter and stick with it, to me putting is 100% feel.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
heres a kicker, went to Putting green in St Andrews- The himalayas- used their 'rubbish' flat sticks........and putted like a demon......

Scotty, who needs a Scotty.........:smirk:

tsped83

Tour Winner
Visit site
the rubbish flat sticks the cooncil provide, no offset and bent shaft:thup:

yes still have the Nike 001, really a lovely looking putter

I looked at that before the 004, curious as to how I'd get on without a sight line. If you ever decide to move it on, keep me in mind!