2013 USPGA Championship

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
No cash on it, but looking and reading about the course I think a premium will be placed on hitting fairways and greens even more than usual so I've picked Stenson in the 'predict the majors' thread as he's near the top of the stats for both.

I'd love to be proved wrong, but I don't think Luke is accurate enough off the tee to put a winning score together, especially as I don't think he can muscle short irons a long way out of the nasty stuff like a lot of the others can.

I think Mickelson has a decent shout if he's still left the driver out, and Rose, Kuchar and Mahan wouldn't surprise me.

If I was forced to put the mortgage on someone making top 10, it'd be Zach Johnson.

P.S. I am rubbish at betting!

Keeno

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I stuck some each way bets on, don't kow why, golf is incredibly difficult to predict and I am also rubbish at betting

Kuuuuuuch
Kaymer
Adam Scott

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Tiger, the mans going back into his old ways of being on a different golfing plane to the rest of the field.

I'd like to see an exciting close run Major though with Tiger, Luke, Speith, Bradley, Rose and Joaquin Phoenix in the mix:thup:

I'd like to agree about Tiger, but Sunday at the majors has been a bit of an issue for him this year. Will be interesting to see if he can sort it out this week

carlosportsman

Club Champion
Visit site
The conditions are a bit softer this morning but that is not a given for low scoring, it will make the shorter par 4's more inviting but the longer ones will be tougher as there will be less early run on fairways potentially

Fish

Banned
Visit site
The leaderboard is very slow. The pictures I have been watching are way ahead.

Tiger looking very solid.

I've got Tiger playing down the 17th but the leaderboard has him through 7, did he start on the 10th?!

So my link is live then..

Edit: Just noticed the * indicating 10th start, Doh ;)

Last edited:
A

Alex1975

I think its time for Tiger to win another Major... How long has it been now?

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
if Tiger drives the ball like he can rather than as he does then there really is no stopping him, but he needs to keep it on the short stuff. This course suits a good driver and ball striker, Lee Westwood anyone?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
if Tiger drives the ball like he can rather than as he does then there really is no stopping him, but he needs to keep it on the short stuff. This course suits a good driver and ball striker, Lee Westwood anyone?

Not the way he's been driving recently
That's how he lost at Wentworth and Muirfield to name 2..

carlosportsman

Club Champion
Visit site
Very interesting first day, hopefully the course will dry out a bit today and make it more challenging as rain softened courses do little for me. Mickelson and Woods need good days today to get into contention though in fairness Woods was outdone by two holes, Mickelson was very wayward and I would say he is either going to shoot 2 under (or better) or 2 over (or worse) today.

McIlroy was well in patches and you can look at his position two ways, he got 5 bridies so he could feel he should be higher up the leaderboard but also he made 4 bogies so could feel he should be lower down the leaderboard. He's still too inconsistent for me and I think today might see him shoot over par.

Scott looked very good yesterday as did Furyk but there are a lot players stacked up behind them in striking distance, Westwood played well and will probably be there or thereabouts going into the weekend and beyond (won't win though imo), the likes of Day, Stenson, Haas, Dufner, Stricker, Kuchar & Rose all look well placed to mount a challenge.

On a personal note, of my ten to follow on my blog linked on here, only Chris Wood, Harris English and Richard Sterne (due to one hole) are over par. So I am happy with my chaps at the moment but it is very early days.

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site
Early days but after round 1 4 of my 5 e/w bets are under par with Casey, Kuchar and Day all 2 off the pace, only Jordan Speith for me looks out of it. Charlie Hoffman in there at 1 under.

carlosportsman

Club Champion
Visit site
Early days but after round 1 4 of my 5 e/w bets are under par with Casey, Kuchar and Day all 2 off the pace, only Jordan Speith for me looks out of it. Charlie Hoffman in there at 1 under.

Casey looked in good nick yesterday, just two bogies which for him is a big positive on a tough course. Day and Kuchar look your best chances though Day I think won't win it as I don't think he has enough experience of getting over the line, given that he has contended in a number of majors and still only one won tournament makes me question that side of his game. Damn good player and definitely a major winner in waiting, I would say, whatever happens this week, keep your eye on him for TPC Boston in a few weeks, nearly won there a couple of years back