PGA Tour Player of the Year

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

PGA Player of the Year

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 15344

747BA7D5-2D16-4A8E-AB2D-B272251E7D19.jpeg

So who sneaks it ? Just the PGA Tour so doesn’t include the Open or US Open but does the PGA

Does Rory’s Players and Fed Ex sneak him above Koepka or sits just behind

Either way great season from both of them and hopefully a sign for a great rivalry over the coming seasons. Koepka in the last event showed a couple of cracks that maybe suggest he isn’t full Mr Cool

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
If Brook had won 3 regular events then I’d have gone for Rory, but He didn’t. He won the one that counts and as much as the other majors apparently don’t count, the picture above clearly values em as they’re mentioned.
Imo if you asked them if they’d switch seasons. One would say yes, and it wouldn’t be Koepka.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
When discussing who the GOAT is apparently it’s all about the majors,so it’s got to be Brooks 🤷‍♂️

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Putting the stats aside, and just going on feelings, for much of the season when Brooks was a few back after 2 or 3 rounds you just felt he'd be in the mix for the closing stages. And when up with a few to go you could turn off the t.v. expecting the win.
I was really pleased to see Rory win the tour champs, and along with the pga hope it sets him fair for the next 12 months. Still didn't feel like it was in the bag until he hit fairway on 18 though 😲

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1147

Brooks for me (& I’m a massive Rory fan)!

A major and a wgc are bigger wins than Rory’s. Plus the other 3 major top 4’s.

Tough on Rory as he’s had a mega year, with amazing consistency. Top 10 in over 70% of starts plus the Players and tour championship wins, and the Canadian is a pretty big win too.

The order of tournaments and the behaviour of some players hasn’t been great, but in many ways it’s been a hell of a season 👍

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
My god you post some rubbish!
I’d put him slightly above average 🤣

Tbf, there have been 47 multiple major winners. Obviously any major winner isn’t an average golfer as such, but in the grand scheme of greats when looked at historically. 4 wins has you tied 20th, that’s close to middle and 4+wins less than the greats and only 3 better than a lot of 1 of winners......

Don’t get me wrong, Rory is a fantastic player to watch and a fantastic natural talent. But if he retires with only 4 wins, an IF not as big as it once was, imo he won’t go down as a legend of the game.

D

Deleted member 15344

My god you post some rubbish!
Its clear most think Brooks is going to win ( have a sneaky feeling they will go Rory )

But for anyone to suggest Rory’s record is very average is laughable beyond belief

4 majors

2 Fed Ex

2 WGC

11 PGA Tour wins

7 European Tour wins

I guess beyond Woods and Mickleson no one else comes close to him ? Out of the new breed his record sits at the top - yet it’s “very average” 😂😂😂😂😂

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Its clear most think Brooks is going to win ( have a sneaky feeling they will go Rory )

But for anyone to suggest Rory’s record is very average is laughable beyond belief

4 majors

2 Fed Ex

2 WGC

11 PGA Tour wins

7 European Tour wins

I guess beyond Woods and Mickleson no one else comes close to him ? Out of the new breed his record sits at the top - yet it’s “very average” 😂😂😂😂😂

You do know its already been announced

Spoiler: Rory doesnt win

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Tbf, there have been 47 multiple major winners. Obviously any major winner isn’t an average golfer as such, but in the grand scheme of greats when looked at historically. 4 wins has you tied 20th, that’s close to middle and 4+wins less than the greats and only 3 better than a lot of 1 of winners......

Don’t get me wrong, Rory is a fantastic player to watch and a fantastic natural talent. But if he retires with only 4 wins, an IF not as big as it once was, imo he won’t go down as a legend of the game.

4 Majors, 4 Ryder cup wins (competed in 5 already), former world number 1, Order of merit/Fedex for both Euro and US tours multiple times - even if he retired today he'd be a legend of the game.

I voted Rory, if you remove Open and US Open from stats as they don't count for this then their wins are relatively similar in profile (although I agree the major stands out for Brooks). But for me, these player of the year awards has to look at consistency rather than one of events where they already get a trophy. Rory's stats are superb and I think it may be strokes gained tee to green has only ever been bettered by Tiger in his pomp.