Paypal Costs

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I always thought that sending to friends/family or declared as a gift was free? It even states when reading and selecting that option that it's free, but when I just sent money to someone as a gift/friend it charged me £2.50!

I cancelled the transaction a number of times before pressing the send button as it kept saying there was a £2.50 charge, I even changed it to another card but it clearly wasn't going to give up this charge even though it say's it's free if you use a debit card, or if it's taken from your bank account or from your current balance!

I was initially sending/transferring from my bank as I didn't have a balance in Paypal and it was trying to charge me, I changed it to a debit card and still trying to charging me, has something changed that's not disclosed or correct on their site?

If charges are going to be implemented in all Paypal transactions from now on I will only be doing direct bank transfers, personally I prefer them anyway as I don't think Paypal is as secure as it likes to promote and I trust my banking facilities far more!

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
PayPal for me is a way of paying people i don't know so the cost is a nice safety net.

Paying someone I trust I just use the bank.

Matty6

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
That's strange Fish. I paid for the Porthcawl game last night and I didn't get charged for sending it to friends/family. I paid straight from my bank account. Maybe there was a glitch at the time.

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
You don't get charged of paying from your balance or if your account is linked to your bank account or debit card. If it's linked to a CC you get the option to pay the fee or pass the fee on (at least you used to)

Fish

Banned
Visit site
You don't get charged of paying from your balance or if your account is linked to your bank account or debit card. If it's linked to a CC you get the option to pay the fee or pass the fee on (at least you used to)

It's linked to a bank account & debit card but no matter what I did, it charged me 😡

Lump

Tour Winner
Visit site
You may have gone over a threshold. I've had it happen before. Can't remember the exact figures though but once I'd sent/received a set amount it started to charge. It thinks your a trader.

D

Deleted member 21258

I know I recently paid via family option and got charged, and didn't really understand why I did, so just looked after your posted :-

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/paypal-fees

Appears I was because I paid via credit card.

Weird you getting charged from debit card when it says you don't??, was the payment going to someone not in the UK, they say they charge for that?

Fish

Banned
Visit site
It was for my RCP payment to Craig and it was linked to my bank which they state is free, but it wasn't 😡

I've had a run in with them in the past a few years back when I lost a few hundred quid due to 'suspicious activity', after I took that situation down the legal route the problem is the European hq is in Luxembourg and UK customer service is in Dublin, as such when I went legal at them they just laugh it off as they don't have to follow or adhere to any of our legislation and they please themselves freezing accounts and return/remove funds as & when they like!

I hate them 😡

jusme

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
It was for my RCP payment to Craig and it was linked to my bank which they state is free, but it wasn't 😡

I've had a run in with them in the past a few years back when I lost a few hundred quid due to 'suspicious activity', after I took that situation down the legal route the problem is the European hq is in Luxembourg and UK customer service is in Dublin, as such when I went legal at them they just laugh it off as they don't have to follow or adhere to any of our legislation and they please themselves freezing accounts and return/remove funds as & when they like!

I hate them 😡

Hope I don't run into such problems. Something about paypal gives me such confidence when shopping, particularly at an unknown shop. Love to see the paypal option!

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site

I hate them 😡

Then stop using them...

Presumably from their point of view, they are cracking down on online dealers who take advantage of what they perceive to be "dealers" circumventing their fees by pretending everyone is F&F.