par 3 course clubs

Fabia999

Visit site
How many clubs would you take to a 9 hole par 3 course and which clubs? would you take a full bag?

distances ranges between 140-230 yards.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
I play a course with holes up to 330 and I take a full set and push in a trolley.

I do it for the fun of driving a couple of the holes but that rarely works out!

You can easily play the course hitting no more than 180 for every shot so a 4i is probably the max I really need, maybe a 3h on windy days. That means I could drop 2 clubs and only carry 11 but what is the point when I have the bag on a trolley.

If I was to carry I always take my little Sunday bag, I have played 18s while on holiday in the UK with this as it fits nicely in the car with the camping gear. Its a squeeze getting 9 clubs in a bag meant for 7 but I make it work.

Driver
Hybrid
5i
7i
9i
PW
Putter

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
How many clubs would you take to a 9 hole par 3 course and which clubs? would you take a full bag?

Scratch player. Long iron, any wedge & putter
Bogey player. Driver, mid hybrid, sand wedge & putter.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
depends on the length of the holes...if you had 9 holes from 120 yds to 200 yards in 10 yards increments then I reckon I'd take 9iron to 6iron, hybrid, 7 wood 3 wood, sand wedge, putter....but hey...might need a driver if the 200yd hole is into the wind!!!!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
230yds is a bit harsh.

Based on the shortest length being 140 I'd leave out 8, 9 and PW. I'd leave the wedges in for chips around the green.

Driver, woods, hybrids would have to stay in.

Some of the above might alter after playing it, you may only need a half set for example, but without knowing it.........

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site

A local club to me has a 9 hole course with 8 par 3s ranging from 95 to 170 yards and a 240 yard par 4. I take a half set of odd/even clubs from 3 hybrid or 4 iron down. So 3h/5/7/9/56º or 4/6/8/pw/56º. I feel either suits the course enough but also gives me enough to think about in terms of being 'in between' clubs.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
A previous club, soon to be a railway, had a smashing little par 3 course.
9 holes ranging from 54 to 95 yards.
All you needed was a putter and a couple of wedges..Great fun for half an hour ( go round twice).
Perfect for lunchtime
Some will need a driver for 230 yards so may well need the whole bag.
Although, as Lord Shortness said, the 8,9 and wedge may be surplus to requirements.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Depending the time of the year I would probably start with a driver or 3wood look at the hole lengths to the back of the greens and carry irons appropriate to the distances + 1 or 2 wedges.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Depends on the length of the other holes. I could probably squeeze a 3 wood out there with a degree of roll in the summer. May be driver in winter. Would need to see a scorecard but 7 iron is my 140 club. I would probably take a full set in a carry bag. Hardly a long walk and think even my delicate back would cope