Palace v West Ham

Scottjd1

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Thanks for the kind words.... Its noticeably louder since ChrisD has a season ticket.

We do try and get behind them regardless of performance and result :whoo:

JCW

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thanks for the kind words.... Its noticeably louder since ChrisD has a season ticket.

We do try and get behind them regardless of performance and result :whoo:

Maybe it was him making all the noise .............Ex Arsenal player scored , they should have had a few more too , what about the west ham goal , you tell me why that was not given ..............Will they stay up , with Pullis in charge they will have a good go trying ...............................EYG

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Back from the game at 11.30pm it really should have been 4goals to us, some pretty poor finishing. West Ham just played the long ball and I'm sure the purist fans amongst them must be shaking their heads at that tactic.

I sit at the top of the Holmesdale just above the noise and if it doesn't lift the players it darn well should!

Mattyboy, Scottjd and I are season ticket holders as well as forumites!

Roll on Cardiff on Saturday!

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Grrr! on the Result! :rolleyes:

Would have been a nice buffer if a point or more had been achieved!

Palace still have to still be pretty high as a 'favourite' to go down, though anyone from Hull down is a possibility imo!

WH (and any team in the 'Promo-Relegation sub-league') can be a depressing team to follow, but there's often an entire season's emotions in a single game!

Scotty_Tom

Assistant Pro
Visit site
noticed the noise the few times they have been on tv. I think a few of the fans got together at the beginning of the season and said to themselves we may not stay up / win many games, but we are going to make as much noise as possible and be recognised for that!

seems to be working!

sev112

Tour Winner
Visit site
grrrrrr +1 :(

Well done to palace though, played better than us where it mattered in the box
I had an eerie feeling when I saw chamakh's name on the list because he was with us (apparently, cos I don't remember him doing anything) last year.

Have been following WH since 74. It's an urban myth that we have always been a footballing team. Even when we had Devonshire and Brooking, we used to whack it up to David Cross.
Goals is what we need. When we are in mid table comfort we can afford to play it around. We were a different class in midfield in the first halfs against Norwich and Palace - didn't get us anywhere near a goal though.

We do have, for the first time in ages, a pretty good defence however. So it looks like we're hoping for 0-0 draws for the rest of the season.

Now, getting to the main point ... That penalty and goal debacle in the first half.
I think the linesman was working on the basis that one bloke fouling two opponents at the same time is the same as two negatives making a positive, hence the free kick to Palace.
but there you go, some you win, and most we lose - that's what being a west ham fan is all about.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
It was depressing after Saturday.

I have to say, given how well we played on Saturday it seems a nonsense to rotate.

Diame and Noble were excellent in Midfield - so he puts Diame on the left wing....
Maiga was good for 75 mins and Cole made an impact - so he leaves Maiga out
Jarvis and Cole were adequate on the left side and he gives us obrien who is cack everywhere

When you win as rarely as us, why change it when we do???

Scottjd1

Tour Rookie
Visit site
noticed the noise the few times they have been on tv. I think a few of the fans got together at the beginning of the season and said to themselves we may not stay up / win many games, but we are going to make as much noise as possible and be recognised for that!

seems to be working!

You are right it is working, but they got together in 2005, only being mentioned now as in the Prem.

AuburnWarrior

Tour Winner
Visit site
I was there! Top of the Holmesdale, right above the singers!

Top quality singing! I've never seen or heard anything like that at Fortress Selhurst! The away teams normally out sing us very easily. I liked the fact that we now have a conductor who instructs the fans accordingly! Very Italian!

I thought the football was very basic. Long ball all night. I think the ball only touched the hallowed turf twice!

Also, why do professional footballers not want to run at the oppo? Time and again we'd get the ball, a classic counter attack, our man would put his head down, run about 15 yards, stop, look up and knock the ball inside! Why? Run at the defender and make him commit himself or foul you. England are very good at doing this also! :-(

But, if we've any chance of staying up we need to be beating the teams around us so I'll gratefully accept the three points.

We desperately need a striker! Defoe, on loan, would do nicely... :p