'Ow Much!?

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
But, but, but. The carbonwood age ? 2 yards further, if you only check the reviews that came out with results that say this years model hits it further ? Or, forged titanium for greater MOI than ever before. You cant miss a fairway even if you try to. If you can play to 5 with that rig, you are really a plus man just holding yourself back with vintage gear. Is that handicap manipulation now that I think of it ?

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
I know @Backsticks is being amusingly facetious, but...

I play handicap qualifying rounds with 21st century clubs apart from putter.
I play to the best of my ability at all times. Have done so for over 50 years. Don't know any other way to play.

I really enjoy the challenge of playing competitive social golf with old clubs. And this is off a handicap based on play with 21st century clubs.
Please take note of the word ENJOY in above sentence. :):):)

Last edited:

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm talking about the cost of your gas and electricity bill, I never mentioned diesel.

Ok. But BP is an irrelevance in what has happened there. Horrible global situation, caused mainly by Russia and central banks that have been foolishly ignoring reality and playing fantasy money printing for years

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Currently using a Wilson Deep Red Fatshaft Driver, it came with a charity shop set I bought over in Spain. Also kept the 3 wood (Wilson Deep Red) and a Maxfli bag. Bought the set for 50 euros and sold off the other stuff, with sn old junior bag for 30 euros. The driver is the easiest big stick to hit I’ve used, probably sacrifice 5 or 10 yards over my Cobra which is currently awaiting repair, but I definitely have better dispersion with it.
Not that I’ve got the money to be buying brand new clubs, but if I had, I’d struggle to part with the kind of dosh that new equipment is priced at.

sunshine

Visit site
Currently using a Wilson Deep Red Fatshaft Driver, it came with a charity shop set I bought over in Spain. Also kept the 3 wood (Wilson Deep Red) and a Maxfli bag. Bought the set for 50 euros and sold off the other stuff, with sn old junior bag for 30 euros. The driver is the easiest big stick to hit I’ve used, probably sacrifice 5 or 10 yards over my Cobra which is currently awaiting repair, but I definitely have better dispersion with it.
Not that I’ve got the money to be buying brand new clubs, but if I had, I’d struggle to part with the kind of dosh that new equipment is priced at.

Are you not getting a share of all that Liv cash? Thought you’d be rolling in it ?

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
How much of bp’s earnings comes from UK utility bills?

I don't care the percentage
£6.95bn profit between April and June, the highest in 13 years and the second highest in its history.
And that's before the 78% increase coming in October.
How can anyone try and defend that?

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I don't care the percentage
£6.95bn profit between April and June, the highest in 13 years and the second highest in its history.
And that's before the 78% increase coming in October.
How can anyone try and defend that?

They are not a utility company, at least not yet. What about all the other companies earning tens of billions a year? The utility rises that you are referring to should not be put on BPs door - Putin is to blame for this one

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Well, everyone else is doing it so why shouldn't we.
Brilliant.

Bob, without been disrespectful, unless you know the in's and out's of the business it's easy to comment on just the profit side.
That profit will probably be invested heavily in renewables and into hundreds off other projects going on.
I'm not really going to get into it on here, but there's a lot, lot more to it than just seeing a profit number.
On a side note, when we worked for Shell, our day rate was £350,000, that soon eats into the money!!

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
That profit will probably be invested heavily in renewables and into hundreds off other projects going on.

In case you missed post no. 30....
$3.2bn invested in renewables since 2016 to be precise, and $84bn on oil and gas exploration and development over the same period. They intend to increase that investment to £18bn over the next 8 years.
BP will make over $100Billion profit this year

Mandofred

Visit site
Bob, without been disrespectful, unless you know the in's and out's of the business it's easy to comment on just the profit side.
I'm not really going to get into it on here, but there's a lot, lot more to it than just seeing a profit number.
On a side note, when we worked for Shell, our day rate was £350,000, that soon eats into the money!!
I was assuming that a lot of the extra profit would just go into the pockets of investors. Seems that is what so many companies did during the lockdowns when they received Govt money to "help out"...

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Its easy to call out things without knowing the full business development model.
So BP had a good year, it's not that high every year.
The profits are all relevant to the business, maybe the government need to do something about it.

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I don't care what their business development model is.
Obscene unfettered profiteering is wrong and in my opinion indefensible.

So we change the business and economic model to communism? Profit is good. It rewards investors and encourages investment that creates jobs and further wealth. How do you propose we deal with all the large companies in all industries that make tens of billions of dollars per year of profits? By the way, these same companies are in everyone's pension funds. The government already brought in taxation on energy profits that will encourage extra investment in our country. What would you do? These companies will flee these shores if the taxation and business conditions are seen as adverse and there are plenty of other countries that would roll out the red carpet with a favourable Tax and incentives deal to get BP etc al to move there

Last edited:

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Tesco clubcard vouchers get you a great saving. £10 voucher gets you £30 in food. Wouldn't go there otherwise.

this 100 times over.

tesco credit card every £4 spent is 1 point (edit to correct figure). all adds up. I put the majority of my spending through it then pay off 5 mins later via the bank.

all the solar payments took CC so it was stupid not to use the card.

twins bday coming up.. all the vouchers pay for the 5 of us plus both sets of grandparents plus my sister and her husband to go to the zoo for the day to celebrate

Last edited:

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
tesco credit card every £4 spent is £1 in points. all adds up. I put the majority of my spending through it then pay off 5 mins later via the bank.
I think you'll find that every £4 spent is 1p in points.
Not such a great deal after all, especially now that the reward deals you can get from Tesco are very limited.
We used to have a Clubcard Plus and get 2p in points for every £1 spent, but Tesco shut that down a few years back.
The old 4x rewards deal enabled us to get a sking holiday with Swiss Travel every other year from our Clubcard points.
Nowadays about the only thing that we can find worth spending them on is Pizza Express vouchers.