Ordering a bag from the US

bighairydel

Visit site
Really would like a Ping Hoofer 14 in the Gradient Mr. Ping colours but they only do the black one in Europe as far as I can find.
Have emailed Ping to see if they have one they can get to me in the UK but in the meantime have been on to American sites and found one that will ship to the UK. Obviously bumps the price up quite a bit.
Anyone know of any way around this or experiences of doing similar?

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Really would like a Ping Hoofer 14 in the Gradient Mr. Ping colours but they only do the black one in Europe as far as I can find.
Have emailed Ping to see if they have one they can get to me in the UK but in the meantime have been on to American sites and found one that will ship to the UK. Obviously bumps the price up quite a bit.

You can use various shipping forwarders like Shipito.

Log the incoming shipment on their site, Send it to them (use the warehouse in a 0% sales tax state…), they let you know when it is in and send you various options to ship it on to you. You have to fill the customs form out, so responsible for what it contains and the shipment value…and then it turns up.

Might save a few quid, but also could be much hassle

bighairydel

Visit site
You can use various shipping forwarders like Shipito.

Log the incoming shipment on their site, Send it to them (use the warehouse in a 0% sales tax state…), they let you know when it is in and send you various options to ship it on to you. You have to fill the customs form out, so responsible for what it contains and the shipment value…and then it turns up.

Might save a few quid, but also could be much hassle
I never knew these type of sites exist! Might just do the job perfectly! Anyone know how much customs etc would likely be? I’ve worked it out that even at 20% it would still work out cheaper

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I never knew these type of sites exist! Might just do the job perfectly! Anyone know how much customs etc would likely be? I’ve worked it out that even at 20% it would still work out cheaper

This has the information you need regarding import tax etc

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If you are buying from the States it is worth checking if the company charges local sales tax or not.

I believe handling companies charge is in the region of £15 if they are collecting VAT and import duty.

wull

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Because you’re purchasing the bag new you pay the tax already for the item, but if the value of the item is greater than £130 iirc you’ll have to pay import tax on the item.

When I purchase items from the states I try to keep it below £130 total cost and it works out rather well.

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
Come to Las Vegas for a bit of a holiday and buy the bag there.
The wife and I used to be annual regulars in Vegas,
but people our age aren't really the catered-to demographic anymore.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Come to Las Vegas for a bit of a holiday and buy the bag there.
The wife and I used to be annual regulars in Vegas,
but people our age aren't really the catered-to demographic anymore.
I struggle to think of a worse destination to go to in the US than Vegas!

You’d still need to pay the import duty for that in the UK.