Replacing the screen on a Motocaddy M3?

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Have seen an M3 for a knockdown price on Marketplace. The only issue I can see is the screen has a big crack on it.

Is it possible to replace the screen, and if so, any idea of cost?

(I have emailed Motocaddy the same question, but got a response saying they are very busy and may take some time to answer.)

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Have seen an M3 for a knockdown price on Marketplace. The only issue I can see is the screen has a big crack on it.

Is it possible to replace the screen, and if so, any idea of cost?

(I have emailed Motocaddy the same question, but got a response saying they are very busy and may take some time to answer.)

I may be mistaken but was this not the trolley that required you to replace a significant amount more than just the screen. I am sure that there was a thread on here with some particular issue with the M3 screen so may be worth looking for.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I may be mistaken but was this not the trolley that required you to replace a significant amount more than just the screen. I am sure that there was a thread on here with some particular issue with the M3 screen so may be worth looking for.

Doesn't ring a bell, that must have been someone else, only spotted this trolley today. I'll have a look for that thread.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
i had the old version and the screen cracked on that. when i enquired the service place said it wasn't worth doing as it would mean replacing the whole handle section and would cost. i stuck some sellotape over it and it was fine. i sold it to a guy on here and i think its still going strong

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
i had the old version and the screen cracked on that. when i enquired the service place said it wasn't worth doing as it would mean replacing the whole handle section and would cost. i stuck some sellotape over it and it was fine. i sold it to a guy on here and i think its still going strong

That may be what I remembered being mentioned, may not have been you, but you cannot just replace the screen, you have to get a new handle section.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
That may be what I remembered being mentioned, may not have been you, but you cannot just replace the screen, you have to get a new handle section.

I contacted a place in Newcastle which services trolleys. He has confirmed I'd need to replace the handle, and has quoted £48 which seems ridiculously cheap. So cheap I'm wondering if its a typo!

JayB

Visit site
While not the same model, Motocaddy and local authorized service centres all insisted I needed a complete new handle for my M1 when the screen was cracked, thankfully I found the correct part online and I only need to replace the casing/screen which was held on by 2 screws.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
bit of a bizarre one.

It had been on marketplace for 25 weeks apparently. contacted the seller who said he was selling for a mate. Agreed a price in principle, asked to come round to see it, he contacts his mate, comes back and says sorry, it's just been sold.

Doesn't smell right to me, possible bullet dodged.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I contacted a place in Newcastle which services trolleys. He has confirmed I'd need to replace the handle, and has quoted £48 which seems ridiculously cheap. So cheap I'm wondering if its a typo!
Id bite their hand off i think i was quoted much more that that, i think mine was the whole lot of electronics inside, rather than just the plastic handle.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Id bite their hand off i think i was quoted much more that that, i think mine was the whole lot of electronics inside, rather than just the plastic handle.
I went back and double checked as it seemed far too cheap. They confirmed the price and said "we will use all the parts within your handle, that's why it's £48".

Unfortunately the sale has fallen through, but I'll bear them in mind for when I eventually buy one.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I went back and double checked as it seemed far too cheap. They confirmed the price and said "we will use all the parts within your handle, that's why it's £48".

Unfortunately the sale has fallen through, but I'll bear them in mind for when I eventually buy one.
Place near the Metro Centre?

Blakey

Medal Winner
Visit site
I cracked the screen on my Motocaddy S3, and can confirm it is just the handle that needed replacing (assuming the digitiser underneath isn't damaged) i bought the replacement part direct from Motocaddy and replaced myself, it was pretty straightforward from what i remember.