• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 17920

Last year entered a few but all got cancelled

Have just entered the Easter Challenge at Saunton

And Easter Medal at Royal North Devon

£95 for three rounds of golf - bargain
Lets hope you get further at Saunton than @Captainron got before the inevitable NR :LOL:

Way too hard for me 36 hole medal from the blues these days :eek:

Only a couple I have entered so far, the Speyside golf festival playing 5 courses in 5 days in September and Stanton on the wolds in the pairs open in June.

I am sure I will enter some more.

woofers

Medal Winner
Visit site
Have entered a few, I think clubs are reviewing their schedules this year, notable that some that I would have entered in the past by now have yet to publish anything.
Had an email from West Hill saying they were not running their Over 50's and Mixed Foursomes.
Undecided whether shotgun starts are still a good idea given the mixing and proximity of golfers at the start and end of the competition? Addington, Mitcham and Farnham have shotgun start events.

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Nothing booked yet. I used to do both Saunton opens every year but don't bother with easter any more. Weather is too unpredictable at that time of year to commit to 36 holes. Played 1 year when it was so cold and wet that less than half the field went back out in the afternoon.
Will look at a couple of events with Smiffy once he sorts out his handicap.
That’s where we met? never felt so comfortable in a communal shower ?? I went and had a sleep in the car whilst my mate went back out (and won it)

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
I've just entered at the Senior Open at Whittington Heath, course is due to be revamped soon as HS2 goes through and new hole previews I've seen just look like any other target type course, think The Belfry with a bit of heather nearby. :(

D

Deleted member 17920

I've just entered at the Senior Open at Whittington Heath, course is due to be revamped soon as HS2 goes through and new hole previews I've seen just look like any other target type course, think The Belfry with a bit of heather nearby. :(
I hope they haven’t made it worse as it was a very nice course in its previous format.

I hear the clubhouse is very nice.

D

Deleted member 1740

We've just booked on the 4 day open comp at Cruden Bay in July £110 per man. Absolutely daylight robbery at that price.

D

Deleted member 17920

We've just booked on the 4 day open comp at Cruden Bay in July £110 per man. Absolutely daylight robbery at that price.
Its a joke, I presume for the money you get 2 practise round and fed each day :LOL:

D

Deleted member 1740

Sounds brilliant. Only ever heard good things about there.

Yeah me too, when @Lincoln Quaker organised the Aberdeen trip quite a few played there but we never made it as our chauffeur didn't fancy the drive that far but regretted ever since.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
I've entered The Moray Open...not quite sure of the format but its £120 and I believe that I get 4 rounds of golf for that.

Just got to fly myself to Scotland and find some accommodation....assuming that Nicola lets us Sassenachs cross the border in July.

D

Deleted member 17920

I've entered The Moray Open...not quite sure of the format but its £120 and I believe that I get 4 rounds of golf for that.

Just got to fly myself to Scotland and find some accommodation....assuming that Nicola lets us Sassenachs cross the border in July.
Its a superb tournament.

I haven't played it for over 6 years but you used to get 2 practise rounds then 2 qualifying rounds then after that its a knockout stage, if you dont qualify for the knockout stages you get 2 extra rounds on the new course.

Its a great week.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Its a superb tournament.

I haven't played it for over 6 years but you used to get 2 practise rounds then 2 qualifying rounds then after that its a knockout stage, if you dont qualify for the knockout stages you get 2 extra rounds on the new course.

Its a great week.

cheers. I'm looking forward to it as I used to live in Lossiemouth in the 1970's and this will be the first time I've gone back in 43 years.

just keeping fingers crossed that it goes ahead and I can travel.

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
Based on how Covid is doing, it's very optimistic booking comps for around Easter time. There must be a very good chance that they won't go ahead.

I usually play around 15 opens a year but no point booking anything just now, things still too uncertain for me.

D

Deleted member 25172

cheers. I'm looking forward to it as I used to live in Lossiemouth in the 1970's and this will be the first time I've gone back in 43 years.

just keeping fingers crossed that it goes ahead and I can travel.

I've signed up to a few open comps as well that requires travelling. If (a big if as always in current climate) the vaccination programme works out as intended, the groups who accounts for 85% of all covid deaths will have had their jab by mid February. And on top of that, others as care home workers and other medical staff will also have had it. I just cannot see how they can keep things closed down then from say, I don't know, April? Obviously still with some measures in place, but I think it'll start open back up by then.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
I've signed up to a few open comps as well that requires travelling. If (a big if as always in current climate) the vaccination programme works out as intended, the groups who accounts for 85% of all covid deaths will have had their jab by mid February. And on top of that, others as care home workers and other medical staff will also have had it. I just cannot see how they can keep things closed down then from say, I don't know, April? Obviously still with some measures in place, but I think it'll start open back up by then.

being part of priority group 8, my forecast is that I'll get called up sometime in April to receive my vaccination....June/July for the 2nd shot. Given the Moray Open is mid July I'm hoping things will be a tad more relaxed by then.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
being part of priority group 8, my forecast is that I'll get called up sometime in April to receive my vaccination....June/July for the 2nd shot. Given the Moray Open is mid July I'm hoping things will be a tad more relaxed by then.

If it's that late then the government should hang it's head in shame. I'm (same group) expecting to be done early March, then will be phoning as much as possible to get a no shows jab.