Open 2021

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
The only Scot in the field and he is now 4 off the lead.(y)
Stranger things happen, eg last Scot to win an Open.
Oh FFS give it a rest! My heritage/right to be in this country is via Scottish ancestors, but I've nowhere near the bias you seem to have!
And, if I understand correctly, you had to 'bludge' off England/an English course for your career! So have pride in the achievements/results of your fellow countrymen, but kindly lose the complete bias you seem to have!
Oh, and FWIW...Why is he the only Scot in the field?! There's as many Kiwis in the field as Scots - and his (Ryan Fox's) heritage is a completely different game!

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Really enjoyable last Major of the year, roll on the Olympics

I think the course ‘performed’ well with some great footage/action. I do think that the broadcast was far too ‘narrow’ over the weekend with so much potential to show a greater range of players, it seemed very restricted to certain players/groups (iirc one of the Majors (was it the Masters) let you watch every shot from every player)

nothing to do with nationality or perceived bias, I think lots of players lacked 'screen-time'

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
That was hilarious, I could literally feel half of the forum squirming in the chairs when he said it :LOL:
I do wonder if you asked golfers in clubs this weekend 'to name all 4 Majors' how many would say British Open? I suspect the majority. Before coming on the forum I'm pretty sure I would have done.

It is funny how sensitive an issue it is for some.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
I do wonder if you asked golfers in clubs this weekend 'to name all 4 Majors' how many would say British Open? I suspect the majority. Before coming on the forum I'm pretty sure I would have done.

Good luck to your footy team in the Premiership this season ???

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Oh I saw it - still can't get over someone using the term 'footy' - is there a 'shakes head' emoji available on the forum
Ah, I get your point now. I'm guessing it was to tie in with the misuse of terms to describe things, footy / football, Premiership / Premier League. If it got you to squirm then it did its job, in a Morikawa / British Open way :D

Steve Wilkes

Visit site

I Normally say "British Open , US Open, The Masters and that other one"

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Ah, I get your point now. I'm guessing it was to tie in with the misuse of terms to describe things, footy / football, Premiership / Premier League. If it got you to squirm then it did its job, in a Morikawa / British Open way :D
Ha ha - these things don't make me squirm - just thought a post about using the wrong terms and which included using one was funny

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

I don't really use the word British to describe anything, I'm not a fan of it. Should just call it the English Open really.