Open 2021

HowlingGale

Head Pro
Visit site
Caught bits and bobs of the golf over the last few days.
Where are the players warming up? Jon Rahm arrived 37 mins before his tee-time. That would be plenty time for me but a pro sportsman in the final round of a major? No chance.
Is it just that the practice ground is far enough away to warrant getting a lift?
Must have picked them up wrong. Rahm doesn't tee off for more than an hour from now. Need to clear my ears out ?

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Was it Plan B or Plan A executed a bit better?
When he needs Plan B he doesn't seem to be able to switch..

not seen that much of it but seemed plan A still, he tried plan B on Thursday and missed the fairway with the irons several times lol

course and set up never likely to suit him, hes not alone in that either this week, he'll get far more courses that suit his strengths than this over the course of a year, that said he isnt driving it well enough for most courses currently (hence the rant earlier in the week no doubt). steep learning curve for the new caddie too!!!!

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
not seen that much of it but seemed plan A still, he tried plan B on Thursday and missed the fairway with the irons several times lol

course and set up never likely to suit him, hes not alone in that either this week, he'll get far more courses that suit his strengths than this over the course of a year, that said he isnt driving it well enough for most courses currently (hence the rant earlier in the week no doubt). steep learning curve for the new caddie too!!!!
Can't argue with any of that..
Still, a good score today..

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
The only Scot in the field and he is now 4 off the lead. (y)
Stranger things happen, eg last Scot to win an Open.

do you ever take the filter off for a day? seriously give it a try Doon ffs

there is stunning golf being played by many players from many countries, try enjoying the whole

I disagree Steve.

I'm starting to realise that Scotland is a fantastic place and am thinking of starting a company to advise English people how best to move there before the borders are closed when Scotland finally leaves the UK. (Do you think another referendum will be allowed in less than a generation if feelings start to shift back the other way?)

Houses are generally cheaper in Scotland so most English people will be upgrading.
The Scottish love of the English is not portrayed correctly, most Scots love the English like brothers and sisters.
I believe that the countryside is quite attractive too.
If enough people move to Scotland then it will create more demand for products and services and so will energise the economy, creating more jobs.

It's a win-win for both the Scottish and the English. :love: (y)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Wow, this lad is unreal. He just keeps coming through unscathed. Three holes to go!

What about Rahm though - every time they cut to him he seems to be shaving the edge with a birdie putt. -4 for the day but could have been about -8 if he holed anything!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
It's been a real display by Morikawa, not over yet. Top 3 are all -4 for the day at this point, great stuff.

The organisers must be very happy, they have set the course up superbly, imo, based on the scores over 4 days.

D

Deleted member 15344

Excellent from Morikawa - very impressive

Unlucky for Louis once again but he prob didn’t take advantage yesterday whereas Morikawas back 9 was huge for him