online or high street ?

drawboy

Tour Winner
Visit site
I did the majority of shopping online and it was easy, cheaper and it all arrived on time. Are you an online shopper or do you prefer the high street?

Bigfoot

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The snow has not helped online deliveries. I have not bought anything online this year but usually I prefer it. I do prefer to buy perfume for my wife in a shop as you cannot tell what it is like without smelling it.

full_throttle

Tour Winner
Visit site
always do both, i tend to get the more obscure presents online, this year i bought a gun belt (for the BiL), something i would never have seen or thought off in the high street.

also some things cannot be bought in the high street, so i just ensure i buy it a month before,

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I tend to do a lot of online shopping up until December. I usually have a good idea what I'm buying HID and my mum so tend to go one night after work (or leaver early one afternoon). Straight into the shops I need, grab the pressies I want and out again. Not usually too much of a chore.

I remember going shopping on Christmas Eve with my mate Cheggers for a present for my dad. We decided to nip into the bookies and the pub next door for a few. We then went on a mini pub crawl around Sutton and at 4.45 I realised I hadn't got anything. I rushed into WH Smiths and got him a pen set (which he did actually use!) and to an off-licence and got him a 15 year old malt. Thing was we were both hungry having not eaten so stopped off for a burger and got the bus towards home. Unfortunately it passed our local and we felt compelled to go in. We rolled out at midnight and so I wasn't my best on the big day although I did manage to take dad down the local and forced a few hairs of the dog down. Mother wasn't happy at all!!!

drawboy

Tour Winner
Visit site
I tend to do a lot of online shopping up until December. I usually have a good idea what I'm buying HID and my mum so tend to go one night after work (or leaver early one afternoon). Straight into the shops I need, grab the pressies I want and out again. Not usually too much of a chore.

I remember going shopping on Christmas Eve with my mate Cheggers for a present for my dad. We decided to nip into the bookies and the pub next door for a few. We then went on a mini pub crawl around Sutton and at 4.45 I realised I hadn't got anything. I rushed into WH Smiths and got him a pen set (which he did actually use!) and to an off-licence and got him a 15 year old malt. Thing was we were both hungry having not eaten so stopped off for a burger and got the bus towards home. Unfortunately it passed our local and we felt compelled to go in. We rolled out at midnight and so I wasn't my best on the big day although I did manage to take dad down the local and forced a few hairs of the dog down. Mother wasn't happy at all!!!
You were mates with Cheggers! how did you get on with that laugh,did he have a big head 'cos he was on swap shop?

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
Mostly in the shops. I did however buy a few things on t'internet. Somewhat importantly (for my wallet!) I ordered a wii game and an SDHC card on the net. We got an iPod for a prezzie direct over the phone from apple, as they weren't available locally.

wii game was £19.99, high street £29.99

SD card was £11.70 off Amazon.

I saw the same card this morning in the shops for £24.99 (comet) and £34.99 in boots.

£34.99 for something you can get online for less than £12....OUTRAGEOUS.

GatesheadGolfer

Club Champion
Visit site
As with RGDave, plenty of bargains on the net for us & the kids for CD's, DVD's, books, Wii, DS games etc. However cannot guarantee that they are all in stock & still waiting for 1 DS game. Just have to blame Santa for not meeting all his Key Performance indicators lol. Also with are the snow/ice here in the north east there was quite a time lag with the orders, so good job we ordered early

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
SD card was £11.70 off Amazon.
I saw the same card this morning in the shops for £24.99 (comet) and £34.99 in boots.
£34.99 for something you can get online for less than £12....OUTRAGEOUS.

I've just bought an 8GB SDHC card for my new camera.
Price online....£10.50 delivered.
Price in PC World? £39.99
Same make, but the one I got online was a later, higher speed card too!!

D

Deleted member 1740

I usually buy off the web though i don't buy clobber unless i am certain it will fit, i hate all the faffing about sending gear back if it's too big/small.

I hate shopping at the best of times but if i'm buying clobber i have a look at what i want on the web then just go straight the shop and try it on.

Comet Currys PC world are robbing feckers too.

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've just bought an 8GB SDHC card for my new camera.
Price online....£10.50 delivered.
Price in PC World? £39.99
Same make, but the one I got online was a later, higher speed card too!!

Yep. This sort of stuff gets me really wound up.
The "big boys" will sell you gadgets at a fair price and then take you to the cleaners on accessories.
No wonder the sales staff get shirty with you when you turn down the extras.