Online lessons vs in person

HPIMG

Visit site
I am thinking about starting an online coaching program through the winter and just wanted to ask has anyone else done only online lessons and how did they find them ?
I have only ever had lessons in person but there’s one or two pros who I like to watch on YouTube and they do online lessons for people who don’t live in the area.
Guess im just curious to how how others have found getting a lesson online.

Swango1980

Visit site
Not done them, but I can't imagine it would do any harm in giving it a try if it is affordable. I presume they'll ask for a video of your swing from different angles. I suppose the advantage to that is that they can review it in a bit of detail in their own time, without feeling under pressure to give you instant advice. Might potentially give them more time to evaluate your key flaws, some might be subtle. The downside might be that they can't take you through the various drills face to face, and get instant feedback on how you are coping with these and their results. But, as you are doing a program, they'll still get some delayed feedback, and having recorded videos as you go through the program could be a very good way of documenting your progress, so that you can really see the progression you are making.

Keep us posted in how it goes, as it seems a really interesting way to go about it.

cunnini

Visit site
the pro i get (face to face) lessons with does online via Skillest app - i'd thoroughly recommend him.

DM me if you want his name/details

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Never done it but I would assume you have to have access to both video and a high quality launch monitor to make it worthwhile particularly looking at your handicap.