Olympics

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I still think, along with all major televised sports, an average person should be picked from the population to compete, in an effort to hughlight the actual skill involved.

I can assure you, Biles's 'awful' two and a half twists vault, would seem very different compared to Average person's, Half arsed tumble with double risk of injury.
I saw a brief bit of diving this morning. You clearly got your wish because one of the Russian divers did a belly flop :eek:. I winced when it happened, ouch.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
The timing of the events cannot be helped but is why I am not more involved with watching the Olympics this year. Most are on whilst I am at work and the sessions start just as I am going to bed. Limited to following the BBC live feed

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
Just how friendly are these games?
The Japanese don't like the S. Koreans for bringing their own chef and claiming the host's food might be radioactive.
Some Chinese don't like Japan because of events still in the memory.
I'm guessing India and Pakistan don't like each other either.

D

Deleted member 15344

Excellent Bronze for Dujardin with her new young horse - she becomes the most successful GB female Olympian ??

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The Japanese don't like the S. Koreans for bringing their own chef and claiming the host's food might be radioactive.

That's the politicians. Hopefully the athletes are on good terms.

Thing that is inking me is the Russian Olympic Committee or whatever they're called. Your either banned or you are not!

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
3 weeks ago people talked about the 2nd world war when England finally beat Germany. None of those players where involved in the war, on either side.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
I was watching it yesteday... It may be a class thing. But i had no clue what i should be looking for. All the horses were majestic. not a clue what was a piaffe or a passage.
I think one of them is going diagonally (?) from one side to the other, the other one is doing a 360 turn.
Not sure if they require a certain fancy step or not.

It’s on a lot in German TV as they used to get most of the medals.

The only horse thing I like is the cross country but in the 3 event discipline.
And horse racing. Fastest wins, easy to see.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
That's the politicians. Hopefully the athletes are on good terms.

Thing that is inking me is the Russian Olympic Committee or whatever they're called. Your either banned or you are not!

Few competitors have been 'injured' rather than compete against Isreal I think.

Agree about the ROC. By all means allow some who have passed a strict testing routine to compete under no flag but by having the name of the country in the title, you are immediately giving the same publicity as if they had competed under the national flag.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
Agree about the ROC. By all means allow some who have passed a strict testing routine to compete under no flag but by having the name of the country in the title, you are immediately giving the same publicity as if they had competed under the national flag.
Wasn’t that originally for a handful of athletes who were living and being tested in another nation? Seems to be open to everyone now.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Wasn’t that originally for a handful of athletes who were living and being tested in another nation? Seems to be open to everyone now.

Not sure how this whole ROC thing works to be honest but it seems to be another handy dodge to allow a major nation back into the games despite a ban.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
I think at the very beginning they banned all Russian athletes.

Then there was a tennis player living in Monaco and tested by the french and possibly a pole vaulter in the US in college who brought a case, and at the 1st event after the ban there were some 8 to 12 Russian athletes we were all supposed to be sure they aren’t doped.

That seemed like the right thing to do.

Now, Russian teams? That doesn’t make sense to me, or are they all playing in a doping conform country?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Not being a horse person I find dressage doesn't do it for me. Maybe jousting might have greater mass appeal.
Not a horse person either but just watching closely what the horses can do…astonishing…at times it’s as if they float across the ground…mesmerising…

D

Deleted member 15344

Not sure how this whole ROC thing works to be honest but it seems to be another handy dodge to allow a major nation back into the games despite a ban.

Anyone attending under ROC has to go through very strict drug testing etc to ensure they are clean and not part of Russia’s state doping