Olympics

Whereditgo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think at the very beginning they banned all Russian athletes.

Then there was a tennis player living in Monaco and tested by the french and possibly a pole vaulter in the US in college who brought a case, and at the 1st event after the ban there were some 8 to 12 Russian athletes we were all supposed to be sure they aren’t doped.

That seemed like the right thing to do.

Now, Russian teams? That doesn’t make sense to me, or are they all playing in a doping conform country?

I seem to remember them competing under a different flag? Maybe the IOC or something?

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I was watching it yesteday... It may be a class thing. But i had no clue what i should be looking for. All the horses were majestic. not a clue what was a piaffe or a passage.

The tango and quickstep were very impressive.;)

My Mrs says that the horses love to perform, I'm not convinced.

Why on earth is Tug 'o War excluded from the Olympics.....great spectator sport.

Last edited:

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Loving the Olympics but missing the crowds.
Some highlights so far
Tom Daley and partner their last dive just magical.
Love the swimming and the 4x200 freestyle was superb,to win by over 3 seconds just brilliant.
Adam Peaty the goat in breastroke
Enjoyed the MTB

I'm not really noticing the lack of crowds - probably we've grown used to it. I do think that will be more noticable in the athletics stadium though.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I'm loving it all and cannot wait for the velodrome events to start and the track and field.

Busy swim morning early if you fancy it, about 7/8 brits all going from about 2:30AM...
Always try and watch the men's idevidual pursuit, have done since boardman won in 93, that was a major turning point for British cycling

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Loving the Olympics but missing the crowds.
Some highlights so far
Tom Daley and partner their last dive just magical.
Love the swimming and the 4x200 freestyle was superb,to win by over 3 seconds just brilliant.
Adam Peaty the goat in breastroke
Enjoyed the MTB
Surprised you didn't mention the women's triathlon. Th girl that finished the cycling with a flat rear tyre and still 2km to finish was amazing. She was at least 20seconds back at the start of the 10k run. Quickly got to the bronze position and then pulled back the American girl, (who is no slouch) to finish with the silver medal.
For me, that was the stand out performance so far.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Surprised you didn't mention the women's triathlon. Th girl that finished the cycling with a flat rear tyre and still 2km to finish was amazing. She was at least 20seconds back at the start of the 10k run. Quickly got to the bronze position and then pulled back the American girl, (who is no slouch) to finish with the silver medal.
For me, that was the stand out performance so far.

Yes agreed and I watched it all ,stayed calm when others might have panicked.
Men’s race was good too

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yes agreed and I watched it all ,stayed calm when others might have panicked.
Men’s race was good too

Tomorrow night is the mixed relay triathlon!! I love it and in my view, the most spectator-friendly and exciting!

2 men and 2 women per team (so we are in a good place with men's 2nd and 5th, women's 2nd and 9th), much shorter 300M swim, 7k bike and 2k run each! (vs 1500M, 40k and 10k) so the overall time will still be around the same as a single tri, but it is absolutely 100% max effort sprint basically for these guys.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
The Games really are different, the Tae Kwon Do team are already back in the UK. Guess it is turn up, compete, head home. No staying around until the closing ceremony.