Olympics

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
The mixed mile just showed how much faster the men are than the women in real time. The Nigerians tried to mix it up and raced a male in leg 3 when the rest raced their females. He obliterated them, gave their anchor lady a 6 second lead but she was overhauled by the 300m mark. Unreal

RichA

Visit site

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Incredible that she had to seek crowdfunding after women's bmx was dropped by UK Sport. She won a gold.
The British rowing team got £24M and won 1 bronze medal out of 14 events.

Yeah, I watched the bmx highlights last night then the races when I woke up this morning, incredible stuff.
True drive from someone absolutely passionate about the sport, I really do hope it kick starts a new generation of bmx racers.

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
For the athletics we get the wonderful Michael Johnson doing punditry. Anyone in the US, who do they use? I'm always amazed that the Americans haven't snapped him up.
Well you know how the Americans are in the golf, way too over the top! Michael Johnson is much too cool for that, long may he continue to be our Athletics pundit! ?

NearHull

Visit site
We’ve been away for a few days so not been able to watch any live events. I would like to watch the golf early in the morning. Any advice on how to watch it?

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Really disappointed that Dina-Asher-Smith hasn't made the 100metre final. And has subsequently pulled out of the 200metres,saying that she has a hamstring problem.
What I don't understand is that she is still going in the relay, with a hamstring issue. Surely that's a big risk for herself and obviously the relay team. ?

D-S

Visit site
Really disappointed that Dina-Asher-Smith hasn't made the 100metre final. And has subsequently pulled out of the 200metres,saying that she has a hamstring problem.
What I don't understand is that she is still going in the relay, with a hamstring issue. Surely that's a big risk for herself and obviously the relay team. ?
Not sure she’d have had much chance in the 100m, her PB is 10.83 and the winner ran 10.61.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
DA-S needs (at least seems to need) races/competition to inspire her to perform. Covid restrictions have meant that these have been greatly restricted, so the incentive to train has been missing too. It's all about finding the 'best' incentive and hers has been forcibly removed! That said, it's great to see Daryll Neita qualified for the Final - even though i don't expect her to feature except as an 'also ran'. A Jamaican 1-2-3 seems, to me, quite likely, but Neita could well become UK's best female sprinter quite soon.

D-S

Visit site
DA-S needs (at least seems to need) races/competition to inspire her to perform. Covid restrictions have meant that these have been greatly restricted, so the incentive to train has been missing too. It's all about finding the 'best' incentive and hers has been forcibly removed! That said, it's great to see Daryll Neita qualified for the Final - even though i don't expect her to feature except as an 'also ran'. A Jamaican 1-2-3 seems, to me, quite likely, but Neita could well become UK's best female sprinter quite soon.
Spoiler alert, they ran the final about 6 hours ago - and you were right it was a Jamaican 1,2,3