Old Farts v Whippersnapper 2020.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
It would be the easiest option for me to keep tabs on. A refund situation would be a logistical nightmare to sort out.

The Last of the Summer Wine cast are happy to go with that, even though I will have 2 more birthdays between now and then.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
If we’re going for 2021, can I request you keep it away from the first weekend in June (4th,5th,6th) please, otherwise I’ll need a refund!

D

Deleted member 25172

It would be the easiest option for me to keep tabs on. A refund situation would be a logistical nightmare to sort out.

Appreciate all the work you’ve put behind this Smiffy and understand that dealing with this issue that has come up now isn’t easy. However, I don’t believe there’s any chance for everyone that has now paid to be able to find a suitable date which will be more than a year away.

If hotel isn’t backing down in terms of refunds and instead want to reschedule, can we not get individual credit notes instead to use?

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Appreciate all the work you’ve put behind this Smiffy and understand that dealing with this issue that has come up now isn’t easy. However, I don’t believe there’s any chance for everyone that has now paid to be able to find a suitable date which will be more than a year away.

If hotel isn’t backing down in terms of refunds and instead want to reschedule, can we not get individual credit notes instead to use?
^^^ This is the best solution I would have thought, Rob, as a re-shedule, would be very tough as we had to chase very hard to get everyone we did.

full_throttle

Tour Winner
Visit site
Due to a 12 week isolation advised by the NHS, I would have been unable to make this. I'm happy for my deposit to be held over to next years event, as for dates I'll fit in with the majority

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Are we definitely postponing rather than cancelling this?

Don't suppose we'll get a definitive answer to that until the next phase of the lock down is announced. If it is lifted (I highly doubt it, but stranger things have happened) then I'm sure Forest Pines will see no reason why we can't all pop along & play, and keep the cash if we don't.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Don't suppose we'll get a definitive answer to that until the next phase of the lock down is announced. If it is lifted (I highly doubt it, but stranger things have happened) then I'm sure Forest Pines will see no reason why we can't all pop along & play, and keep the cash if we don't.

That's the scenario I'm more worried about mate.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
What if they lift the lockdown on golf courses being able to be played, but still keep restrictions on essential travel?

That being a decision based on local travel for members of local clubs, but obviously couldn’t be sanctioned for social trips where some are traveling hundreds of miles!

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
The social distancing aspect will surely mean hotels and such won't be open by the end of May..courses possibly but dining and bars..?
Unlikely..