Old Farts v Whippersnapper 2020.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Don't suppose we'll get a definitive answer to that until the next phase of the lock down is announced. If it is lifted (I highly doubt it, but stranger things have happened) then I'm sure Forest Pines will see no reason why we can't all pop along & play, and keep the cash if we don't.
It would folly of the highest degree should they open golf courses & also allow packages of our kind to go ahead... but as you say stranger things have happened.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
It would folly of the highest degree should they open golf courses & also allow packages of our kind to go ahead... but as you say stranger things have happened.

Indeed it would Dave, but depending on how they word it I can potentially see Forest Pines being very awkward about it; let's see if they can disappoint the sceptic in me.

D

Deleted member 17920

Indeed it would Dave, but depending on how they word it I can potentially see Forest Pines being very awkward about it; let's see if they can disappoint the sceptic in me.
Sorry to wade in on a trip I am not going on.

I don’t think Forest Pines would be awkward about it. No one knows when we can open the golf courses, bars hotels and even hotel rooms. Also there may be additional guidance for twin rooms but nothing has been mentioned to any golf courses yet.

They are just waiting for information and are as probably keen as everyone to get restarted again.

It’s hard for them to get it right when they have zero idea on what happens after this lockdown has had another 3 weeks.

Fish

Banned
Visit site

I don’t think Forest Pines would be awkward about it. No one knows when we can open the golf courses, bars hotels and even hotel rooms. Also there may be additional guidance for twin rooms but nothing has been mentioned to any golf courses yet.

They are just waiting for information and are as probably keen as everyone to get restarted again.

It’s hard for them to get it right when they have zero idea on what happens after this lockdown has had another 3 weeks.

I can’t see Hotels being open for months, and then, unless from the same household, no twin occupancy, but stand alone restaurants & bars will open first, so looking at it as a gradual phasing, then hotels will be pretty much last to be reopened fully, possibly September at best imo.

D

Deleted member 17920

I can’t see Hotels being open for months, and then, unless from the same household, no twin occupancy, but stand alone restaurants & bars will open first, so looking at it as a gradual phasing, then hotels will be pretty much last to be reopened fully, possibly September at best imo.
That’s the issue. Even the hotels don’t have a clue what they are allowed to do.

Will twin rooms ever be the same again?

We are in the same boat waiting on info for the hotels.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site

No need to apologise Glyn, it's a public forum & I posted a public comment.

I was thinking of the scenario that arises, that Dave's & Robin's posts alluded to, where they lift the restrictions on hotels & golf courses, but don't lift the restriction on non-essential travel. Given where we are all coming from we could end up with a scenario that they won't refund because as far as they are concerned they're open so why should they refund despite the fact that very few of us should be travelling. between that possibility, Smiffy's comments in #282 and past form, I'm not overly hopeful that the they will be overly accommodating.

Fully get your point that no one knows exactly what is going to happen, I just have my concerns about what might happen if there's in effect a partial lift of the lockdown.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I gather you’re going to want our bank details sent via pm so when you receive the refund, plus what you’re holding, you work through the list and refund everyone ?

You never know, you might have some left over ??

slowhand

Head Pro
Visit site
Update...... event cancelled.
Have received an email from Forest Pines this morning, they are going to refund the deposit we have paid.
They cannot do this until Friday 1st May.
This is going to be a logistical nightmare......
:oops::oops::oops::oops:
Just let me know when you want my bank details mate. No rush, so whenever you're ready.

And put me on the list for next year!

Fish

Banned
Visit site
hi all,
given the love for this meet and Rob stepping down from organising it I am seriously thinking about taking over organising it for 2021 as it will be a shame for it to stop.
are you guys up for it?
dando

Go for it ?