Old Farts v Whippersnapper 2020.

teegirl

Head Pro
Visit site
Hope it's better before then Jan as we've a Sunday Driver there at end of April & I've not been before. Do both courses dry out the same? Any info welcome. ??
Sorry delayed response ?
No improvement yet....... Although not as bad as some places. They are closing the courses so hopefully will protect them for later in the year. The lakes floods a bit in one place so gets closed but the woods back 9 has been very muddy. New HGK this year and hotel is being revamped so hope you have a great week end.

virtuocity

Tour Winner
Visit site
Have just emailed Forest Pines to find out what their stance is with our booking bearing in mind the current situation and the possibility of a "lock down"...
Might be panicking but I'd rather know now than in 4 or 5 weeks time.
Will let you know their response when I receive it.
Rob

Thanks Rob. I was thinking about this last night.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Well, I've had a response. Doesn't really tell me much.....

Hi Rob,
As you can appreciate it is a developing situation, however we are currently open.
Obviously if things change we will be in touch to discuss the next steps.
Kind regards
Karen

I'm going to have to call in the balances within the next week or so, but rest assured I am not going to send it off to the hotel unless I know it's safe should the trip not go ahead.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Well, I've had a response. Doesn't really tell me much.....

Hi Rob,
As you can appreciate it is a developing situation, however we are currently open.
Obviously if things change we will be in touch to discuss the next steps.
Kind regards
Karen

I'm going to have to call in the balances within the next week or so, but rest assured I am not going to send it off to the hotel unless I know it's safe should the trip not go ahead.

Impossible situation for them to comment on at this time, as she rightly states, it’s a developing situation, if they have to cancel because of govt policy advise, then we’ll get refunds, if you’re unsure, pay the deposits to them with a credit card for extra security.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Impossible situation for them to comment on at this time, as she rightly states, it’s a developing situation, if they have to cancel because of govt policy advise, then we’ll get refunds, if you’re unsure, pay the deposits to them with a credit card for extra security.
Deposit has already been paid Rob

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Well, whatever the next few month bring, I've got to pull in the balance monies. If everyone can start paying them now I will update the payments list as soon as I receive them.
Rest assured though, I will leave paying the balance until the last possible moment, or at least until I know that our money is safe. Nobody will be out of pocket.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Macdonald Hotel & Resorts are closing a lot of their hotels with immediate effect.

I think a few more will follow suit now.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Bloody golf course I was gonna play on thursday had announced it is shut as from tomorrow.
Could do with Doon over here to slash a few tyres.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Highly unlikely to go ahead I would think. Hopefully Pines don’t arse around with this.

My fingers are firmly crossed on this. Forest Pines have a history of being tough on bookings, I've had my run-ins with them in the past. But I am not going to commit any further cash to them until I have assurances that any monies paid will be refunded IN FULL.
My own thoughts are that this will not be going ahead but I have to carry on collecting the money "just in case".... I don't want a mad rush nearer the time.
Your understanding, and cooperation at this time would be much appreciated.
Rob

virtuocity

Tour Winner
Visit site
My fingers are firmly crossed on this. Forest Pines have a history of being tough on bookings, I've had my run-ins with them in the past. But I am not going to commit any further cash to them until I have assurances that any monies paid will be refunded IN FULL.
My own thoughts are that this will not be going ahead but I have to carry on collecting the money "just in case".... I don't want a mad rush nearer the time.
Your understanding, and cooperation at this time would be much appreciated.
Rob

Sensible approach Smif.